PFC Fighter for a Lt.Col.

maxcutter03

I posted this in the Militery Knife forum but I wanted to post it here too.

I was asked to make two of these. One for a son-in-law and one for a brother. The brother just so happened to be a Lt. Col. Army retired. The Gentleman ordered four knives all together for his family as a keepsake peices. All have an inscription engraved into them. The one pictured is the one for Lt. Col. Robert Amirault, Army retired. The reason he was getting this one made for his brother is to replace a knife that he gave him before he left for Nam. Robert lost that knife in the line of duty. I couldn't bring myself to charge him for this knife.

Specs:

OAL 13"
Cutting edge 7 1/4"
Steel 154CM hand rubbed to 600grt
Scales black and green linen micarea
Fixtures 303SS corby bolts

IMG_4846.jpg

IMG_4851.jpg

IMG_4859.jpg

IMG_4860.jpg

IMG_4843.jpg

Man is there going to be some emotion in the room when that knife gets where it is going.

Kudos on your generosity and very nicely done.

Carey

Carey, the fella that commissioned the knives cried like a baby when he got them. He will be taking a trip to Virginia to bring his brother the knife.

Hey Marvin,
I have been hearing for years that there are some very special people in the knife making world. You Sir are one of them.
The knife is very nice the gesture is GREAT. Wade

Hey Marvin,
I have been hearing for years that there are some very special people in the knife making world. You Sir are one of them.
The knife is very nice the gesture is GREAT. Wade

And all of them belong to this forum, Great gesture and great looking knife to boot.

I have been wanting to do something special for a decorated soldier or a family of a fallen decorated soldier for a while. I was looking into presenting a knife such as this every Memorial Day. That is right around the corner and this just jump started it a little. Just my way of saying thanks for your service and to show my appriciation for their sacrifice for this country.

Great story. Good for you to be so generous. My hat is off to you sir...

As one Vet and knifedog to another, Thank you for the gesture. When folks honor vets like this, the community as a whole find joy in it. I am a young'un, but I think that the Viet Nam vets aren't honored as they should be. My grandpas were both WWII vets and we know how they treated them upon their return. I am an OIF vet, and we got cheers and hugs. But my dad and his generation are Nam vets who saw as much action or more than the other wars. I think anything to honor a vet is great, but to honor fellas who volunteered and served honorably during a draft is even better. My heart goes out to all my brothers and sisters in arms. God Bless, Head up, eyes up, rubber down.

Back