A new take on survival

Etowah Edge

Here is a new model I have been putting together for a while now. It is called the Etowah S-1. It comes in a few levels. This is the top mod. with the survival kit. It contains some unique features that are not found in other kits. One option I am trying to work out is the micro pulley block & tackle shown in the pics. These are not a regular part of the kit right now. The notches in the front pin hole are to help hold the large fish hooks while straightening them into a gig which helps ramp up the success rate of obtaining food or bait.

Thanks for looking
James

DSC00618-600.jpg

DSC00612-600.jpg

DSC00613-600.jpg

DSC00608-600.jpg

DSC00624-600.jpg

WOW!! You got enough goodies stuffed in there. Where is the collsapsible rod & reel? EXCELLENT!!! Ditto on the BSA issue suggestion.

Let me tell you, guys this knife is a BEAST! I just received my Standard model S-1 from James and the fit n finish are flawless! Everything is symmetrical and the knife and sheath fit like a hand in a glove. To say the least, I'm really pumped about this knife and I can't wait to get out in the woods with it. If you are in the market for this type of knife, IMHO you can't do any better than an S-1.

Pics to follow..........

Thanks to everyone for the comments. It has taken 6 months to put this together and I am pleased with the end result. I will always be looking for ways to add custom features. AND enough field time to test them.

Regards
James

Great package, and I love the look of the bolts you used on the scales, but I would be concerned with losing that key, and not being able to get the scales off when I really needed to.

Great package, and I love the look of the bolts you used on the scales, but I would be concerned with losing that key, and not being able to get the scales off when I really needed to.

Good observation but I thought of that too.lol

The wrench attaches to the back of the sheath and does not need to come off to be used. That was the reason for this type of screw. The wrench is flat and tucks away. If it does need to be removed in the field, once the scales are off, the hobby knife blades can be used to turn the phillips head screws by using the corner of the base of the blade. You can also remove or change the orientation of the Tek-Lock this way. This knife comes with a 3 page instruction packet for how to use the items in the kit. The sheath in this pic is the proto and has chicago bolts but the current ones have phillips head screws.

DSC02712-600.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation on that... I wasn't doubting you, just curious... Still an awesome package!

Back