my third knife

J.Leclair

I'm very happy with how this came out. It is dead on at 8" OAL with a 4" BL steel is 440c Heat treated by Rob! at knifemaker.ca. It was tested at 60.5 Rc I gave it a 500 grit satin finish then exactly 3 passes in the same direction as the 500 grit scratches on the buffer with white compound. Handle scales are walnut. still need to get some sort of finnish on the handle and make a pair of pants for it. but other than that it's all but done.

thanks. it sure feels good to compleate one. especialy one that came out this nice. the lousy Ihone pics dont do it justice but thats the best I have ATM my sister is a pro photographer so once I get the sheath done and a couple other finishing touches I'll get her to snap some hi-res shots

That looks alot better than my third knife!
I really like the look of the double tubes in the back,
and it looks really comfortable.
Someone once told me If you take a larger drill bit to
the ends of that thong hole tubing it will bevel the edges nicely.

thanks guys. I realy like the shape of the handle on this one it fit's my hand perfectly. I'm going to pick up some tung oil to finish the handles up. then gonna try to clear up some of the fishhooks i can now see in the pix but are hard to see in natural light.....

Here's a couple better pix now that the handle got finished and I fixed up the fish hooks. Much better I think.
DSCN0942.jpg

DSCN0938.jpg

DSCN0945.jpg

Back