Feather damascus hunting knife w/Paul Long pants

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
This one is fresh off the bench today. Its my own feather patterned "W" damascus,amber dyed sambar stag scales, gold pins and 416 stainless front guard and rear bolsters. Paul Long made the custom sheath. My first one with a tapered tang with rear bolsters
Thanks for looking

Tomsfeatherhunter002.jpg

Bruce, that is a real beauty. Great looking damascus and Sambar Stag. Any chance it is going to make the trip to Eugene with you?
Eric

Thanks Gentlemen, Compliments are always welcome.

Eric, yes it will be in Eugene. Its going to be sent out for the engraving but not until after the show. I wish there was time to get it back and show it with the engraving.
You be sure to stop by my table, I've borrowed two collections of "Bumps" to show]and should have about 20 knives. Some of them are 10 years old or so. Its sure easy to tell the early from the later ones.

Thanks Gentlemen, Compliments are always welcome.

Eric, yes it will be in Eugene. Its going to be sent out for the engraving but not until after the show. I wish there was time to get it back and show it with the engraving.
You be sure to stop by my table, I've borrowed two collections of "Bumps" to show]and should have about 20 knives. Some of them are 10 years old or so. Its sure easy to tell the early from the later ones.

I will definately come by. Looking forward to see a decade of Bumps!

Hey you are up pretty late, are you getting ready for a show? :57:

Best,
Eric

Last edited:
Bruce,

Thank you for continuing to inspire !

LOVE the feather pattern as always but had you made this hunter from RCS steel (rusty car spring) with brass bolsters and a reconstituted turquois handle the design would still speak to me. 100% funtional hunter !

As it stands though your knack for choosing materials that compliment one another is a homerun. Kudos also to Paul for a perfetly matching the pants to the shirt. From the dark part of the stag with darkness in the blade and the welt and lining of the sheath to the fading creamy shades of amber with the gold pins and sheath body it just all works perfectly.

Gold inlaid borders filled with scrollwork and some stippled black backround covering most of the stainless would be out of this world ! Cant wait to see what the engraver does with it.

I think what you've created here is an Heirloom Hunter.

I can only hope that the owner determines it a user and one day passes it along to a son !

2011 Best Fixed Blade Non Tactical ?????? Thus far it's a certainty !

Josh

Very nice indeed!

What a awesome looking combo. The steel is just amazing, and the sheath really complements the knife and vis versa..

Back