Mia's port comes out tomorrow! :-)

zappadragon

Sept. 15th, 2008 Mia had her port implanted in her chest. On Thursday March 24th 2011 Mia will have that port removed. Its hard to believe that Mia was on chemo for so long, yet it went by so fast. Through it all she never gave up, never backed down, and most importantly, never stopped being Mia or a kid! Mia, I love you with all my heart & you have shown me a true strength over the past few years thats unbelievable.

This is a picture from the day she had her port put installed on Sept. 15th 2008 I will add another "the day the port comes out" picture sometime tomorrow.

60216_431901443785_352074198785_5246304_7509096_n.jpg

199387_10150122056833786_352074198785_6725676_4071010_n.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic news!! We all need to take a lesson from what Mia has gone through - the next time we say "I can't do it" think of her. May God Bless you both.

Good news bro. :thumbup: Man, she's grown up a lot since that photo.
Prayers from the sunny (for today anyway) northwest.

Thanks guys.....

So we are home now and its hard to believe Mia had surgery just a few hours ago. When I got home and got her out of the truck I asked her if she needed help. She ran to the front door! In the house she ran to the door to let the dog out. I made her and I some PB&J sandwiches and when I brought hers in she was dancing and watching Imagination Movers. Mia you're a rock star! I will upload pictures later today.

Mia is a true inspiration and such a strong and courageous young lady. I wish I had half of her strength, courage, and energy.

Thank you all for all the thoughts and prayers over the last few years for us. When Mia got home on Thursday she did not miss a beat, we played and had a good time and even when it got time for be she would not give in and kept fighting. She was up reading and playing and talking until about 1215am.

This was her about 930pm and you can see she is still very much awake lol

[video=youtube;UDyHnnGKIxw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDyHnnGKIxw[/video]

Back