In Harm's Way

DaGriz

Who has a son, daughter or other close relative In Harm's Way?
I think it would be nice for all the Knife dogs to see a list of who has written a blank check to the US Military payable for up to and including their life!

My son is once again In Harm's Way. He and his US Army anti terrorism SF team of 6 warriors is headed to do their job.
He's been deployed In Harms Way so many times I guess I'm getting used to it. Always a top secret mission that he can't talk about so I never know where he is, how "hot" the area is, or if he's okay.

Who else has a warrior currently doing their job In Harms Way?

Last edited:
Good idea Griz!

Let's keep this post updated with a list of those we know who are in harms way or heading there soon. For those who have a known location, maybe we can get a support network to send a care package from time to time. Being a soldier who has been there and will be there again in the not too distant future, I know how awesome it is to know that family and friends back home are thinking of you. You'd be surprised how excited a servicemember gets when they receive a letter or small box with things we often take for granted in the civilian world.

Unfortunately (in my opinion), I never served, but my heart and prayers go out to every man, woman, son, daughter, mom and dad who are out there fighting! This thread is a great idea, and just another reason KD is T.H.E. best forum I have ever been a part of!

-Brad-

Need a list of things we can send over there. My brother is going to be deployed to Kawait some time mid-summer. They and there families need all the help we can send there way.
Great idea.

My stepson is deploying early next year, and my wife's nephew has just returned or is due to soon. I think it would be a great idea if we could help support our military families here on KD. I have had to take a couple of months off from sending care packages to deal with moving but I will start doing them again as soon as I have the time and resources to spare. If another military knife build comes to fruition maybe we can get them in line to recieve some of those, too.

DaGriz, we don't have anyone deployed but our thoughts and prayers are with all the young men and women who are serving our country. They live in constant danger but still keep on going back for another tour because, I think, they truly believe in what they are doing. Please tell your son an old bald-headed Recon Marine said Semper Fi.

I read the thread on the Military knife build . That sure says a lot about the great people here on KnifeDog forum. What a terrific gesture by all the makers who stepped up and made a knife or knives for that project. :s11798:

If all of you great people decide to do something like that again I think it would be terrific ifsome of the warriors who are listed here, are among the group to receive a knife. The logitics might take a bit to figure out as some of those donating a handmade knife will have sons, daughters or other close relatives who are listed here

A lot of times it is hard to send care packages as some warriors do not work with a specific unit. My son has a 6 man team that work independently of anyone. I know there are others who are in similar situations. I manage to get care packages out to units he comes in contact with and meets a person who will receive and distribute the packages. I can tell you that those warriors deeply appreciate those packages. I usually get a list of items they would like from my son, There's a group of us Viet Nam vets at the local American Legion where we put together the care boxes and ship them out.

Last edited:
This forum was a stacked deck for the military build, for sure. A big thanks is due to all the makers, indeed, but since thanks are being mentioned, I will venture to say that our 3 biggest sponsors (Aldo Bruno aka The New Jersey Steel Baron, Great Lakes Water Jet, Midwest Knifemakers' Supply, and Spec-Ops Sheaths) and our co-ordinator, Bill T., probably outdid any one of us makers in terms of what they put forth for the project.
Dave at Great Lakes did a knife as well as dontating his cutting services on the blades.

My brother in law is currently in Afghanistan. He may be back in a few weeks for mid-tour leave as his wife is expecting, then he will be done with his tour in July.

My son is going into harms way this comig week. He's off to a country that he can't tell me the name of. I pretty sure I know where he's going.

I was very fortunate that Randy Haas was able to complete a special knife for him, that I requested. Received it from Randy and I wrapped the grip as he wanted it then got it to him a few days ago!

A BIG THANKS to Randy and JR from HHH Knives!

ServiceKnife.jpg

Last edited:
My son is going into harms way this comig week. He's off to a country that he can't tell me the name of. I pretty sure I know where he's going.

I was very fortunate that Randy Haas was able to complete a special knife for him, that I requested. Received it from Randy and I wrapped the grip as he wanted it then got it to him a few days ago!

A BIG THANKS to Randy and JR from HHH Knives!

Glad you could send him off with something good, it dosen't sound like he will be getting many care packages with an address like that! God Bless him and his fellows, and their families. We are proud and grateful.

Griz, Im glad we could be a part of this.. :) You got any pics? Hmmm.. Lets see that bad boy!! A pic of your son with the knife would also be really cool!

God Bless your boy!! Many thanks to all the men and woman serving in the Armed Forces. and there family's..

My lil' bit (aka Cadet Jessica Nelson) just finished her first year at the Coast Guard Academy and is heading out on her summer deployments this Sunday, first with the Waesche and second with the Eagle. Then home for leave before the next year starts - yay! Not in harm's way per se, but Papa is still being Papa. I miss her, but couldn't be prouder. Uncle Sam is moving us to the east coast in a few months so we'll finally be close enough to her for long weekend visits when I'm not deployed.

I've already got a knife design in mind, with orange G10 scales, blue spacer, and a blue kydex sheath - Go Bears! But I should probably finish my first knife first, huh?

I've already got a knife design in mind, with orange G10 scales, blue spacer, and a blue kydex sheath - Go Bears! But I should probably finish my first knife first, huh?

Creating a solid design is half of the work which usually takes a build or two to work out the kinks. Sounds to me like you're about half way there.

My lil' bit (aka Cadet Jessica Nelson) just finished her first year at the Coast Guard Academy and is heading out on her summer deployments this Sunday, first with the Waesche and second with the Eagle. Then home for leave before the next year starts - yay! Not in harm's way per se, but Papa is still being Papa. I miss her, but couldn't be prouder. Uncle Sam is moving us to the east coast in a few months so we'll finally be close enough to her for long weekend visits when I'm not deployed.

It's good to know that I'm not the only dad with a knife totem doughter

Back