Getting Back On Track (Or Trail As The Case May Be)

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
Over the past few months life has been pretty hectic between work, moving and transitioning back to civilian life. As such, I have really let myself slack on my physical fitness.

Nadine and I went for a walk Friday evening and it got me to thinking about what a Slacker I have been lately. Before our walk, I threw together a pack to carry to add some resistance. We only did two miles Friday night, but I decided to do another walk yesterday morning early. Yesterday I did about five miles with my 35lb pack and this morning I did 7.5 miles.

Nadine and I ran a few errands this afternoon and I found mylef barely able to walk. In fact, at one time I caught myself thinking that I was walking like "Cotton" from "King of The Hill". I'm still hurting!

To top everything off, Nadine wanted to take a walk this evening and I found myslef doing another 2.5 miles with her. Man, I'm dreading going to bed because I know how sore I'll be when I wake up. Hopefully the 2.5 mile walk in the morning will work out some of the soreness. I need to do a bike ride tomorrow too. I'm going to shoot for about 12 miles on the ride. I have to make sure I'm in good shape for NTC in May.

I forgot how bad it hurts getting back in shape.

Good luck Murph,I have trouble walking to the mailbox,
which is about a 1/4 mile.

Murph, did you get started with your etcher?

God bless,Keith

Keith, finally found the last two parts I needed at Radio Shack here in town yesterday afternoon. I got the others while in Little Rock Saturday. I went ahead and bought all of the electronics and cases to build two (as you did). I'll hit Wally World after Nadine and I finish our workout this morning.

I guess that extra walk with Nadine really helped me last night. I'm nowhere near as sore this morning as I was when I turned in last night.

Pansy, bet Nadine ain’t whining:biggrin:

Just kidding my friend. Good for you.

You know I could do the same thing but would have to stop somewhere along the way for a cigarette and a beer or three.

Had just finished up with the garden and was having a beer when I got your message. Put 8 – 10,000 pounds horse manure in it so yea I’m whining sore

But the big question is did you shave yet?

Todd

But the big question is did you shave yet?

Todd

NOPE!!! I'll Shave before putting on my uniform at O'dark-thirty Friday morning. I did trim a bit though.

This is a pic of Roxy (our rescue pup) and I this morning. Huey went with us this morning and Roxy gets to go this evening.
MeandRoxy.jpg

Yeah, I picked up my suit case once and ended up looking like the Blob. Packed on about 30 lbs. Luckliy I lost it pretty quick before re-enlisting eleven months later. I weighed in last week at 210 and want to get back down to at least 190 prior to heading to NTC in May. I'm guessing I should drop another 5-10lbs in the "Box". Ultimatly, I want to get back down to 185-190 and hold it.

They are holding the Bataan Memorial Death March this weekend in White Sands. I've told Nadine that I want to try to make it next year if my deployment schedule permits. If not, I'm planning to participate at the first one after I return home. 26.2 miles with a 35lb pack should be a fun hump.

Back