Who's all going to Batson's?

Patrick

So how many KnifeDogs are going to be at Tannehill this year? It's only two weeks away. Hope Wayne has the coffee on. Should be a good time.

Pat

:sad:

I was hoping to be there, but I have a training exercise that weekend and won't be able to make it back this year. I'm really bummed out about it. If any of you guys are close enough to make, GO! It's a great time with loads of great information and fellowship. I had an absolute blast last year.

Patrick, I was thinking about you last night and was going to ask you today.
Yes, I'll be there and have the coffee at the Knife Dogs Hospitality Tent, across the road from the Vulcan Pavalian.
All you dogs come by and hang out. The banner will be out.

Originally Posted by Patrick
So how many KnifeDogs are going to be at Tannehill this year? It's only two weeks away. Hope Wayne has the coffee on. Should be a good time.

Pat

I was talking to Ken Herring about it last week, I might go long enough to pick up a few supplies, if I can talk to the wife into going, I have so much to do at home that I'm behind on it's really starting to drive me crazy! The shop still isn't back in order, I haven't made a knife in 2 months, and after the heart attack, it doesn't look like I'll be getting anything done quickly. I still have to finish my forge build! The worst part of it is one of my FAVORITE makers will be demo'ing, (I heard, not confirmed) that Jason Knight will be there!!! That alone is worth the trip, I'll just have to wait and see, I still haven't gotten all my med bills in yet, that's gonna be a shocker!!!! Like Murph said, if you CAN go, DO go, there are so many nice folks there and usually some pretty good deals as well. I believe Aldo is going as well, he's a HOOT! First Red Neck I ever met born above the Mason Dixon line!!! Kidding, that just means he's a great guy and a hard worker! If I make it, it'll be on Saturday, for a couple of hours provided we don't have Baseball games or practice. If we make it, me and the "Pup" will have our KD shirts on, trying to represent! Although a black shirt in the lovely Alabama Sun might create a few problems, we will still wear them! Rex

Last edited by a moderator:
If we make it, me and the "Pup" will have our KD shirts on, trying to represent! Although a black shirt in the lovely Alabama Sun might create a few problems, we will still wear them! Rex

Always whining about the black t-shirt! :D At least you get to go.

I am sorry to say that I will not be there. My pharmacist niece is pregnant and has severe kidney problems. So maybe next year. I will miss you guys. All of you have a good time and somebody take some pictures.

Hope you make it Rex and sorry you can't Murph. I am looking forward to it. Didn't go last year but I did the year before and had a great time. I'll probably have a few bottles of ferric with me to get rid of or trade. Otherwise gotta check out as many demo's as possible. Maybe forge a couple blades while I'm at it.

Pat

If I still lived in Alabama I would be there for sure! But I dont so probably not . Hope you Guy's have a wonderful time.

I'm going to drive down (1200 miles)! Last time I went I almost froze, it was 20 years ago at Batson's house.
Look for a fat guy with a beard and suspenders.

ernie

Wayne,

My wife talked me into leaving Thursday night. May as well. Guess I'll see ya there.

Pat

I made it down with my old van, i've been driving for 2 days.... that coffee better be worth it!

ernie

Clancy, be sure to watch out for that clear coffee that Wayne serves out of a Mason Jar. It packs a heck of a kick.

Last edited:
Hey guys! Someone take some pictures and post them. I wish I was there, but I have to work. Don't miss Wayne's hospitality tent. Great place for a rest or to visit. Wayne is a master at southern hospitality.

Yes indeed, Wayne is the host with the most. It was a great weekend with a lot of nice folks there. I learned a bunch of stuff that I really wanted to know. Man there are some talented guys demonstating. I will post pictures in the next day or two. I personally came home totally excited to forge me some knife blades. Joe Keeslar showed me how he makes his trademark integral forged guard and Daniel Warren from NC showed how to forge an integral blade/bolster. So much talent. Not as many tailgate sales as I saw last time but I got a bunch of steel like I wanted. Aldo was there selling the fire outta his steel. All the good knives were made with Aldo's steel too. "Bowie" Clairborne taught a silver wire inlay class so I guess I'll be trying yet another thing on my knives. He will also be having a hammer-in in Knoxville, TN this October. So if you're close enough to go put it on your calendars. Oh yeah, if you've never seen an anvil shoot...I'll post the short video of that too.

Pat

Back