Collaboration Fighter for a cause

Bruce Bump

Forum Owner-Moderator
Every year the Custom Knife Collectors Association has a knife made by a small group of makers and raffles it off and all the proceeds go for Cancer Research. This year Steven Rapp, Brian Hochstrat and Myself were voted in for this privledge. I have the knife made and its now on the way to be engraved by Brian. Steven Rapp has made a metal sheath and has the throat and tip off to Brian for engraving also.

Please follow this project and help out by buying a ticket if possible. The tickets will go on sale with the kick off at the Blade Show. Im not sure how the raffle will run this year but if its like last year there will be a limited amount of ticket sales in order to make your chances of winning this fighter much better.

If you are interested, I have a full tutorial/work in progress thread on The Custom Knife Collectors Association: http://www.customknifecollectorsassociation.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1002

Here is a rather poor shot of it but soon it will have a Professional Photo taken for the tickets and publications.

Thanks so much for taking time to follow this one, let your friends and loved ones know that this is for a worthy cause and to consider buying a ticket also. It would be so good to raise some real money to help stop the cancer thats taken the lives of so many of our own dear friends and relatives.

I will try to post more pictures as they come in from the engraver so please come back,
Thanks fellow dogs. Please all comments are welcome.

ckcaandMikeTurner007.jpg

ckcaandMikeTurner004.jpg

ckcaandMikeTurner003.jpg

Bruce, Great Piece! The W pattern damascus is SICK! and... and That mammoth ivory.. I cant find words to describe how amazing them slabs look! I guess I can sum it up in one word... WOW!!!!!!!

You have been blessed with some amazing talent. The fact you are helping to make this knife for such a worthy cause is very admirable!
Thank you, from a family member of a Cancer survivor.

God bless you and yours
Randy, HHH Knives

Just another 'lil old knife from the 2010 KnifeDogs.com Members Choice Award winner for Educator, Art Knife and Fixed Blade Knife.

Somebody needs to come up with a new word for your work.
WOWGREATSTUPENDOUSWONDERFULAWESOMEBEAUTIFULUNBELIEVABLESTUNNING just takes too long to type.

Steve

Much appreciated compliments fellow knife dogs.
I do hope this fighter does some good fighting cancer. My best friend has been battling prostate cancer for several years. He would already be pushing up daisies except for the fact that he is a stubbord old cowboy that wants to die at 85 from a jealous husbands gun shot wound. :)

Beautiful knife Bruce. When you guys get finished, I think it will definitely be what Steve said.

As the husband of a cancer survivor, I also applaud your efforts.

Carey

Back