St. Patrick's Day GAW!

James Terrio

To celebrate I'd like to do a little surprise GAW of some fun knifemaking-related stuff. I'll pick a random winner at 11:59PM on 3/17/11. Your post number is your entry, BUT you have to say something St Patty's Day-related! Enter as many times as you like but the rules apply to each post.

Tell a (clean) Irish joke:biggrin:, share your favorite cabbage recipe:13:, reminisce about the time you drank too much green beer:58:... whatever. Have fun!

Clean Irish joke? Come on now, you're gonna have to just take the Irish joke part out. I don't think there's a such thing as a clean Irish joke. Wait, let me call up my Leprechaun friend and ask if he knows any. If anyone knows one, it'll be him.

So this is only St Patrick's day related by a bit but you guys may enjoy this story. My wife's late grandfather Elsie was born on st patty's day so I think of him often around this time of year, he served in the army in WWII went in mid day on dday packed a BAR across most of europe. Anyway at a family event one day he started talking to me about his service wich he never did! and he told a story about being in the camps in england prior to dday that was amusing. So in the months leading up to the invasion General Patton was still in england till they sent him off to mislead the germans, and Elsie said he came by and talked to his outfit one day. Now Elsie never uttered a blue word in anyone's hearing so this was extra suprising. He said patton didn't hold back he said you blankety blanks and so and sos when you hit the beach I don't want to see any g*d damn fox holes you are going to fight not dig and keep moving inland ect ect. Next Elsie glanced around and half smiled and said "got on to dark and I looked around and didnt see that SOB Patton any where and dug a foxhole and stayed in it all night!". Elsie was a great man and part of the greatest generation and I miss him I hope you got a chuckle out of his patton story.
Chris

Which time do you want me to reminsce about ? hic.
The bar I go to (or support) gives out special glass mugs with the year embossed on it......I've got every one since 1976. hic. I'm GOING to get a new one. hic.

Happy St. Paddies day. hic.
Rudy

I really don't think it is fair to ask for a clean Irish joke ...I am Irish and have never heard one. But it is nice you are thinking of the Irish folk on St. Patrick's day.Wishing you a rainbow
For sunlight after showers—
Miles and miles of Irish smiles
For golden happy hours—
Shamrocks at your doorway
For luck and laughter too,
And a host of friends that never ends
Each day your whole life through!

Happy St. Patrick's day !

well the only 1 i got is i work for a beer dist and every year im the 1 who has to add the dye to the kegs to turn them green that day i was in a hurry to get home to do a sheath for someone thought the dye was dry and everytime i touched a piece of leather it would turn green washed my hands 5 time so finally had to give it up i was mad at time now i think its pretty funny.

Ol' BossDog, he's from the midwest,
And he puts all his mods to the test.
He started a site,
And runs business right,
Now we all know KnifeDogs is the best!

Last edited:
I've got a joke rambling around in my head but can't remember all of it right now. Maybe later.

In the mean time, how about...

An Old Irish Blessing
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Carey

Irish 7 Course Meal
-----------------------------

6 pack and a potato

(cue drum)

Whoa....hey I 'll be here all week folks. Try the veal !!!!

Pics or it didn't happen!

Rudy,
Writing on a paper cup with a broken crayon is not technically "Embossed". FYI

Steve

OK Mr'ssss O'doubting Thomas'ssss,
I risked life and limb to get Mrs O'Notagain to get these pics here for your veiwing pleasure. It's only a sampling(only 17), but was readily available in my immediate area on short notice. If those glasses could only talk...or at least get my fortune back.

View attachment 21708View attachment 21709

Yes, I know my picture taking is as dubious as my ability to get them out of one machine and into another.

DID I WIN ?????
Rudy

irishleprechaunpot.gif

The rich American couldn't undertand why the Irish angler was lying lazily beside his boat on the beach, smoking a pipe. "Why aren't you out fishing?" asked the American. "Because I have caught enough fish for the day," said the fisherman. "Why don't you catch some more?" "What would I do with them?" "You could sell them and make more money," was the American's reply. "With that you could have a motor fixed to your boat and go into deeper waters and catch more fish. Then you would make enough to buy nets. These would bring you more fish and more money. Soon you would have enough money to own two boats . . . maybe even a fleet of boats. Then you would be a rich man like me." "What would I do then?" asked the fisherman. "Then you could really enjoy life." said the American. "And what do you suppose I might be doing right now?" said the Irishman, smiling and puffing away on his pipe.

How do two Irish men change a light bulb?
One holds the bulb and the other starts drinking until the room spins.

Back