K. Herring fighter, comments welcome!

McClellan Made Blades

I'm posting this for my Bud Ken Herring, he came by yesterday and showed me his newest creation, from what I remember the

Handle - Vera wood (not sure about the spelling)
Steel - Aldo's 1084v
OAL - Approx 13"
Blade - 8" (I think)
The blade is polished to a high shine close to a mirror finish, the wood is hand sanded to 1500 grit.

This knife is a beauty! Very fast in the hand, and the handle is very comfortable even for my BIG paw!
Ken doesn't post much, but maybe you all can get him to chime in! Check it out, Rex

Attachments

• Ken Herring Fighter 014.jpg
    Ken Herring Fighter 014.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Ken Herring Fighter 015.jpg
    Ken Herring Fighter 015.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Ken Herring Fighter 002.jpg
    Ken Herring Fighter 002.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Ken Herring Fighter 001.jpg
    Ken Herring Fighter 001.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Ken Herring Fighter 013.jpg
    Ken Herring Fighter 013.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Ken Herring Fighter 009.jpg
    Ken Herring Fighter 009.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 46
That is one nice knife Rex. Tell Ken that it is simple elegance and beautiful all over.

Thanks for showing it to us.

Carey

That is one nice knife Rex. Tell Ken that it is simple elegance and beautiful all over.

Thanks for showing it to us.

Carey
Thanks Carey!
Believe me, I'VE TOLD HIM, (the all caps is for Ken), he is the more critical of his work than I am mine. Hopefully, he might chime in if he can figure it out! I do believe hearing it from you guys might help him believe that his knives are looking GREAT! Rex

I agree that s one great looking knife well done Ken.

THANKS Pieter,
Y'all need to keep in mind that my photography skills are a little better than awful, I hit a great shot every now and then, I still love taking pictures none the less.

Mr. Ken, all ya got to do is click on the button titled "Respond to Thread", or you can go to the bottom of any particular post and click on "Reply with Quote" and that will put the particular post you were reading into a box above what you type. If you've been paying attention, your starting to get some fans here. The longer this stays up the more folks are going to respond. Another thing, when you post to a thread, below that area you can subscribe to the thread and get email notices when anyone responds to it. I would like to know if you've found this thread. For some reason I had a difficult time getting these pics on, it looked like they were going to be HUGE when anyone clicked on them, kept working on it, and finally gave up that Sunday night, got back to work on it on Monday and finally figured out what I did. So say something, grunt if you have too, I know you don't want to or care about posting, but there are folks here that told you the same thing I've been telling you, say Thanks, Please, or give me a call so I can relay the message,

Guys, Mr. Ken isn't much on computers, he uses them to learn the info he wants to know, he has actually never posted to any forum, so please Don't take his silence personally,
If I get the chance , I'll see if I can show him some pointers, Rex

Rex

Hi Rex

That is really a nice looking knife, I really like the lines of the blade.
Ken - if you're reading this - your Knife is STUNNING. WELL DONE!

Rick

Back