my micro neck knife....

rjarois

hello fellas, i built a small micro neck knife for myself....it is 1/8 thick D-2 steel @ 59/60 r/c. the scales are blue carbon fiber. i still have to make a kydex sheath. peace, randy.
IMG_3523.jpg

IMG_3522.jpg

Last edited:
got sheath done....

just got the sheath made....the fit is extremely good, I'm very happy. randy.[video=youtube;Orc8T9p7-mI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orc8T9p7-mI[/video]

Last edited:
What? No gut hook?!?!?!

Seriously, very nice job. But no good deed goes unpunished, and your punishment consists of a couple of questions. What is holding the knife in the sheath (or maybe scabbard would be a better term?)? I don't know much about neckers except you wear them around your neck. And a second question, what type of fasteners did you use with your handle material? Are they removable or replaceable? Just think, you could make a handle out of ebony or black micarta for all those black tie, formal events you go to.

That was three questions, huh?

lonepine the sheath is kydex that's heat moulded to the knife. the very top rivet is the "tensioned rivet" that creates the hold power. the fasteners are 2-56 size button heads. and yes the scales are replaceable. i have a cnc machine i can cut from soft materials, wood, g-10, etc. also thanks for all the nice comments fellas. peace, randy.

Randy,
That is really a cool little knife! I have really taken a liking to neckers lately and this one is up there on my list. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce

Back