Sad but true

Clydetz

Buck 110 Collector and Casper's best friend
The words... 'and I cried' got me started on this rhyme about the passing of man's best friend due to cancer.

andicried.jpg

Ah geeze guys I'm sorry! No four-footed friends in my family have passed away! I wrote that rhyme on 3/11/2011 after reading a post on another forum about a man having to put his young dog to sleep due to cancer. Actually I had read his post, took my usual afternoon nap and upon awakening had these words on my mind... 'and I cried'. From those few words came the above rhyme. It is my sentiments based on my going through a similar situation with a few of my four-legged friends over the years. Again... thank you for the kind words but no buddy of mine has recently passed on.

Boy Clydetz, like the others, that rhyme had me going. I'm glad that all is well at your house. Losing a four legged friend is one of the hardest things I have ever had to do and I've had to do it too many times.

I guess that is just the price one must pay for having such unquestioning love for a time.

God bless,
Carey

Again I'm sorry and apologize. I usually read pet threads and offer my condolences to a recently deceased buddy. Sometimes something 'clicks' in my head and a rhyme happens. I've got a collection of rhyme's I have written... this was just the latest. I'm not good enough to call it poetry.

Here's one a bit more humorous...

bestfriend.jpg

Back