Stapel-Martinelli Knives, Four Knives "The Wild Bunch"

Kris Martinelli

You can read more about Chuck Stapel "Knife Maker to the Stars" and I (Kris Martinelli) on Custom Knives and More.com as well as more about the four knife collection. Sold individually-First Come First Served!
Today in honor of a mutual friend "Earl Dillon" and now under the guidance of "Forty Year, Knife Maker Chuck Stapel" whom Roger Combs and Jack Lewis of Gun Digest Book of Knives honor and mention Chuck, Al Buck, Bo Randall, Bob Loveless and Jimmy Lile as men whom have given their unselfish knowledge and contributions to the knife world-through providence Chuck and I came together and wanted our first four knives under Stapel-Martinelli to be called, "The Wild Bunch" For the late Earl Dillon-"File and Knife Man."

Here is what we put together
Stapel Martinelli Knives.jpg

These knives are made to be simple, light, tough and distinguished among any other knives. Chuck made these knives with Swedish AEB-L metal. The material is close to 440C metal, yet has a higher carbon content, is lighter then 440C an HRC of 58 and holds a higher polish. AEB-L is a favored metal for Custom Chef Knives because of it's ability to hold an edge after days use. Each knife falls under or at 2.1 ounces. The wood used is a very high quality Hawaiian KOA, which falls under very expensive wood! I use an old family recipe to treat and polish the wood so the wood handles can withstand climate and weather changes. Only one of the four knives has no handles which has become popular among Chuck's collectors for that style of knife. It is called "Twisted" and shows my love for file work with different patterns on and inside the knife. It is 6.5 inches long.
"Little Big Boy" with a burned wood finish and "Hawaiian Tanto"
come in at 6.5 inches long and sport a stainless steel rivet for strength, balance, protection and weight reduction. "Venus" is the only knife at 6.1/4 inches long, brass rivets, Burned and treated Hawaiian KOA and shows file work through the middle of the handle.
Each knife comes with Chucks famous Pancake sheath and sells for
$210.00 for knife, sheath, shipping and handling.
Paypal or Check
Pancake-Sheath.jpg

Some Proceeds will go to O.U.C.H, a 401c non profit
"Organization for Understanding Cluster Headaches."
"Worst Pain Know to Medical Science" A disease I suffer from!

You can click on link below to see the "Wild Bunch" in greater detail and for payment information.

Wild Bunch Project

Thank You and God Bless,
Kris
Any comments, suggestions or questions.
kris@martinelliknives.com

Attachments

• Wild-Bunch.jpg
    Wild-Bunch.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
About Chuck Stapel of Stapel-Martinelli Knives

I would love any comments or suggestions as well.
Chuck Stapel was the first on record to sell the most expensive knife at twelve thousand dollars many years ago. Chuck Stapel makes knives that are very high end for the stars. He found his nitch in Hollywood while living close to the studios over fifty years ago. He makes knives for most of the country singers, actors like, Harrison Ford, Tom Selleck, Chuck Norris and many producers along with charities. He was known for his many movie knives especially Quigley Down Under..The Magnificent Seven and many, more movies. I am proud to work under and with Chuck, whom Rodger Combs and Jack Lewis of Gun Digest Book of Knives honor and mention Chuck Stapel, Al Buck, Bo Randall, Bob Loveless and Jimmy Lile as men whom have given their unselfish knowledge and contributions to the knife world.
These knives are serious and made by one great knife maker and I am honored to play a part of his history!​

Back