Playing with light

Mike Turner

Hi all I do a bit of photography that I call painting with light. This is done in the dark.

The first one here is 19 photos manually blended,
_MG_9187-Version2.jpg

This next one is about 50 photos manually blended,
GoldenChurch.jpg

Thanks for looking.

wow. really interesting great looking pictures.
are you using HDR in PS also? the colors look really rich.
What are using for a light source?

Hey Wayno not sure why they are not showing for you they are on Photobucket, I will email them to you.

Thanks Tracy, No HDR I am using PS5 and my light source is a flashlight. The anvil was lighted with a flashlight with a incandescent bulb, this is what gave it the rich light. The old church was lit with a high power LED flash light.

Thanks Denny and Brad.

Here are a couple pictures to illustrate how each picture is taken so you can understand how they look prior to stacking.

These are from the anvil picture above,

_MG_9187.jpg

_MG_9195.jpg

Here is another one for you, this one is about 8 photos. I took like 20 and have more to add but just seem to never have time to get back to this one.

KnifeWeb.jpg

Very nice work Mike. Kinda makes me wish I had a clue about photography.

Thanks Ernie,

I stack them using layers, so I take one picture and put another one behind it then bring out what I want from the picture that is behind. And you do this till you are happy with your results in your final picture.

Hey Ernie sorry did not get a message that you replied again, I will answer that when I get on the computer tomorrow.

Thanks Kimsalls

They are really cool, they have warm colors...I love it very much, i am trying many times but i can not...

Those are some attractive pictures! It reminds me a lot of HDR. There is software called "Photomatix" which can be used to make similar images using multiple bracketed exposure shots. But it would appear you are doing a bulb exposure and selectively lighting parts of your subject.

I'd love to see what a dedicated HDR program would do with your images. Might make for some fun experimenting.

Back