AKA Shop Visit @ UALR 12 March

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
Date: March 12
Time: 10am til 2pm (maybe a little later)

The Arkansas Knifemaker's Association will have a shop visit at the University of Arkansas Little Rock. UALR has a fairly new program as part of thier Arts Department where they are offering blacksmithing classes. Members of the AKA will be conducting several demonstrations including forging and grinding demos.

Due to the time frame of the shop visit, everyone is encouraged to eat a hearty breakfast before coming. There will not be a lunch break during the visit.

As soon as I get the list if demos/demonstrators, I will update my post here. Hope to see everyone there!

Just to add a little to what Murph said.
We, the AKA, are going to be there to help promote their new Blacksmith shop in the Arts department.
The instructors for the blacksmith shop will be doing demos and talking to anybody interested in or needing help with blacksmithing.
As for the AKA, we’ll do blade forging and grinding demos, which are hands on if someone wants to learn or just needs help.

I think I’ll help out the blacksmith department by taking about 30’ of round rod so they can demo how to make tongs. I need more tongs:biggrin:

This is open for anyone who wants to attend.
Heck my 14-year-old daughter said that she wanted to go.

OH, did I mention that one of the blacksmith instructors is female?

Todd

Todd, make sure to bring enough round bar for my tongs too. All I have is W1 and W2 in round bar. I'd hate to use it for tongs.

We will be posting alot of new information about the AKA and Central Arkansas Knifemakers Group in the near future. If you are interested in participating, please feel free to contact myself or Todd (deltashooter). There should be some really cool stuff happening with these groups in the not too distant future and we would love to have additional participation from anyone within the area.

Back