Laughing Steel

RodneyJ

Is it just me are can y'all hear steel laughing at you when you hand sand it after heat treating. (Sorry had a procedure done on my back today may be the effect of meds.)

Yup! O1 isn't too terribly bad, CPM-154 can make your elbows ache, CPM-3V will make a grown man break down in tears. I've learned to cheat like crazy... do as much polishing as possible before HT and do everything in your power to avoid scale/decarb.

I try looking at hand sanding as therapy. Of course, I often need to go to physical therapy afterwards to get teh cramps worked out of my hands.

Working on to blades back to back A2 and ATS34 was in a hurry to get them to heat treat and did not get them were they needed to be before I droped them off. Thank goodness for the mobile one I'm starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel. I knew better when I did it guess sometimes you just have to go back and relearn

God Bless
Rodney

Thank goodness for the mobile one I'm starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel. I knew better when I did it guess sometimes you just have to go back and relearn.

I totally agree with both those statements! Been there, done that, kicked myself for it :mad:

It's all the hardening you tried so hard to get screaming "Be careful what you wish for!". :)

Back