Terrio Handmade Knives picture thread

James Terrio

I'll post projects here as they're completed. First up are a couple prototypes from my "BlackToothGrin" tactical/fighting/etc line:
The Growl... a general purpose combat/survival blade. Sheath is still in progress...
Growl prototype done.jpg
The Fang... EDC/SD/boot knife. I've always liked boot knives but I made this one single-edged and under 4" so it's legal to carry in WI. The handle is indexed so I don't forget which side is sharp ;) The sheath is from TKS, wet-fitted dyed and oiled by yours truly.
Fang 0211.jpg

Last edited:
The Wily Knifeasaurus

Lean and mean, she stalks the hostile plains of the assembly table with her pointy head held high. Soon she'll be sculpted and shed her masking tape coccoon...
blue_black dovetail 00.jpg

This is my first knife with "dovetailed" bolsters. I had this thing together and apart about 152 times... I think the joint is pretty good though. We'll see when I finish her up!

Angie's sheath work

Angie has begun making sheaths for me and she's really learning fast. The one for the Growl is her 6th overall and her first "flat" style sheath. The others are pouch styles as shown with the green hunter.
Terrio green hunter 0211.jpgGrowl sheath.jpg

sweet any chance you going to bring the cacoon to badger so we can have a sneak peak james, growl like the name and knife great work

Sneak Peek

The blue-and-black Sidekick is nearly ready for her debut... I still need to dye the sheath Angie made and get my etching system squared away.

Attachments

• blue on black 001.jpg
    blue on black 001.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
BTG Snarl

Just got the sheath for this bad boy finished up today. Light, quick fighter in CPM-3V and black canvas micarta, with a sharpened clip and tapered tang. The blade is hand-rubbed to 1000 grit and lightly etched. Whatcha think?

Attachments

• Snarl 0311.jpg
    Snarl 0311.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 48
Thanks Franklin! I have a few more ready for pics but I've been busy finishing knives and getting another batch ready for HT. More updates coming soon!

Had a great time at the Badger Show last weekend and managed to get my latest batch sent off to Brad for HT. Time to clean the shop and get some more ground before this batch comes back... still got to get my etcher going, too... no rest for the wicked, y'know :biggrin:

Attachments

• HT batch 03_26_11.jpg
    HT batch 03_26_11.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 44
Back