It walks, it talks, it crawls on it's belly like a reptile! AND IT GLOWS IN THE DARK!

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
Okay it dosent crawl on it's belly like a reptile but it does do those other things and IT CUTS!
I finished this today for a customer. It's a longer version of my linerlock BHB model, this is BHB-H. The 3" x .103" blade is Sandvic 13c26 stainless @ 61 Rc, the liners are .050" titainium with a jeweld finish, the scales are carbon fiber with an inlay of Moonglow, the spacer is carbon fiber. The 50 lines per inch checkering job I did on the thumb stud allows for a shorter, less obtrusive stud that has plenty of purchase for opening, your thumb WON'T slip off of this thumb stud.
The one picture shows what this knife looks like when the lights go out. This is the first inlay I've done since I got my pantograph raito set and squared up and patterns made. I'm going to have a lot of fun with my pantograph.
Ya'll enjoy!

Hi Calvin, Thats pretty awesome! Skys the limit with the pantograph. I could see some 416 stainless inlays for engraving in the future.

I like this one Calvin. Such a good idea on the night glow. The pantagraph must be handy. I actually have two of them but I have never used them. They are Hermes Engravergraphs and seem really light duty for knife work. Is your a pantagraph milling machine? Can ya snap a picture and post it here? Very curious.

I like this one Calvin. Such a good idea on the night glow. The pantagraph must be handy. I actually have two of them but I have never used them. They are Hermes Engravergraphs and seem really light duty for knife work. Is your a pantagraph milling machine? Can ya snap a picture and post it here? Very curious.

Yes Bruce my pantograph is a milling machine, it's very heavy duty, it's a Green D-2, it can be used for engraving or as a milling machine that you can follow a pattern to reproduce something over and over. I will take a picture today and post it tonight, Lord willing.
I would be happy to take one of those engravers off your hands if you would like.

Hey Bruce,
I just checked my albums and I already have some pictures to show you. I took these right after I got this machine back during the summer, before I cleansd it up. I will take some pictures today of my patterns I've made so far and you can see how this thing works.

Hi Calvin, Thats pretty awesome! Skys the limit with the pantograph. I could see some 416 stainless inlays for engraving in the future.

Right on Doug! Like you said, the sky's the limit. I'll have to let you engrave on one of these with a 416 bolster and inlay.

Hey Calvin give me a holler when your ready to do something. I think if just the insert was metal and leave the rest carbon fiber with no bolster would look very nice. Would be nice if you could pin that insert to the liner instead of screws. Of course the screws are not a deal breaker. Just some ideas on the knife you have pictured.

I'd love to have that machine. I bet it will do inlays all day long. My Hermes might too but I've never even tried it. Its an old trophie makers engraver. It has some carbides, complete brass font set, cutter for the plaque material, electric edger and about 50 pounds of plastic sheets in a bunch of two layer colors for trophy plates, name plates etc. The other engraver appears to be heavier and has enough room to bolt a vice in it. It would be the one I would keep just because its heavier. I paid $500 for the small one. No idea what its all worth. Email or PM if you want to talk eh?
Yes Bruce my pantograph is a milling machine, it's very heavy duty, it's a Green D-2, it can be used for engraving or as a milling machine that you can follow a pattern to reproduce something over and over. I will take a picture today and post it tonight, Lord willing.
I would be happy to take one of those engravers off your hands if you would like.

Back