Four hundred forty four knives, swords razors and daggers.

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
While doing my Bible study this morning I decided to try and make a relationship between the Bible and knifemaking. Did ya'll know that there are 444 mentions of knives, swords, razors and daggers in the Bible? Knifemakers were very important folks in those days as they are today. One of the most interesting stories about knifemaking was when God told Joshua to make knives from flint and circumcise all the Jews before they enterd the Promised Land. You see , all Jews were circumcised prior to following Moses out of Egypt but no one was during the 40 years they wanderd through the desert. How would you like to get a commision like that? I thank God every day for leading me to be a knifemaker and I know that every knife I make is only by the grace of God. I'm not trying to force my beliefs on any one, just trying to share things that I have learned in my life, wherever I have learned them. The most important thing that I have learned is that the only sin that God cannot forgive is the rejection of his gift of salvation through his son Jesus Christ. Ya'll can take this or leave it, I just felt compelled to share my experiences with ya'll as they relate to knifemaking.

Yeah, that really WOULD be one major commission! As for taking it or leaving it... I'll take it. :) And thank you for the quick Old Testament insight.

Back