Off topic ( the bible)

Status
Not open for further replies.

v-6

How many are reading the bible over again this year?
I am reading it again. read 112 chapters already
vern

Last edited:
Bill i just was checking to see who the believers were here.
did not mean to offend anyone .
vern

Vern,none taken. I've read it. Just not the place for such things.We gotta keep it about knives.

There are many subjects other than knives being discussed on this forum. The Dog Run is a place for anything other than knives. There is a knifemaker on this forum with an entire thread dedicated this subject.

This thread/subject is being discussed and we'll make a decision.

For now, we'll leave it.

With everyone asking for smoke , i did not thing it wood hurt, you know when they get in trouble.

vern

My attention span is to short for reading much (ADHD) but I do have it on CD and got through it often.

My first post in this thread was done because the thread was the first thing I saw when I signed in this morning . I simply KNEW it was in the wrong place (Main forum) .

I had spent the better part of a show this weekend convincing a couple of new , very young makers to join . I had told them this is a no drama site that didn't talk about anything but knives . I told them there's no politics here , or religion . The 2 most devicive topics of all .​

Like I said in my other post , yes I read it (the Bible) , I even studied to be a minister at one time .​
But there was that telltale hint that this is more than just asking who's interested , by the use of the phrase " just checking to see who the 'believers' are here " . WHY ?​

We all BELIEVE in something , just not all the same thing .​
If I had started a thread " Hi , I just started to reread the Koran , any other believers here " .... Well I KNOW that thread would have disappeared ...​

This is a worldwide forum , KD is everywhere now .​
I stick by what I said , there is no place for politics or religion in any of the threads .​
I believe in Steel .... This is Knife Dogs , not God Dogs ....​
Bill​

I'm with you 100% Bill.
Maybe the best thing, Vern, would be to write a blog in the space provided.

Thanks,
Steve

Dog run

There are Bible forums .... this is a knife forum

This is the DOG RUN
[ANYTHING other than knife talk goes here]
If you are right,Bill,this subtitle NEEDS to be changed quickly
Jerry

Vern, You will never find a bigger believer than me

It's been many years since I read the Bible but I have done a lot of praying.

boyanddog.jpg

Gotta go with Calvin..read it every day and have been doing so for over 3 years..when I get done I start over !

P.S. The word of God is never "off topic" !!

Last edited:
The admins have been discussing this at length. Here is how it came down.

Any thread that generates drama is going to close. Politics always generates drama so those will get locked down automatically no matter how innocent. Religious references are fine until a debate is created and then we close it. We are a knife forum but we also understand other interests will pop up from time to time as people seek additional common ground with each other here beyond knives. We know these posts are mainly to strengthen kinship and we try to treat them as such. When non-knife discussions pop up that tend to polarize, we probably won't let them develop into a full blown debate. That includes religion. We are not a life style forum and have never positioned ourselves as one. We are a knife related forum and we will keep that focus above all others. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back