Darci's #8 ---- Skinner

D

darci

Hi Everybody ,This is Darci and I have Made Knife # 8 This weekend.
the billet is made of 1095-15n20 low layer my POPS made it for me. and I hand forged the blade some i was trying to get the look of the knives the Alaskans use for skinning ,you know that curve that their old skinners had ,but also I wanted it to look like a western knife also.
I need to make some money for High School Softball ,My POPS has paid all year for travel ball ,and the high school wants 375.00 for travel,uniforms,etc..... so I wanted to pay for this myself to help him out. so after i talk to him I'm going to Raffle this knife off,this is the first time I got to do the etching of the logo and it didn't turn out as nice as I wanted but I can't change it now.:sad::sad: I did everything on this knife with no help from POPS ,with every knife he's helping me less and less .I still I'm going to fix the pins some ,make them a little nicer then I'm done, ,Hope you like ,I took the pix's also ,I need lots of work on pix's also ,:biggrin: When I get to knife # 10 I get my own Logo YAAAAAAAA. O I forgot the knife is 7 1/4" long with a blade of 3" and the wide part of the blade is 1 3/8" wide and it starts out 1/4" thick and the handle is some horn POPS had in the shop I think elk.
High School Varsity Softball Raffle ,I made Varsity YAHOOOOOO !!!!! now it cost money. dang it !!!!!
OK POPS said OK for a raffle, the spots are 2.75 a spot or 8 spots for 20.00 . 100 spots open .Please go to ironarmknives knife makers site for info. http://KnifeDogs.com/showthread.php?15997-Darci-s-8-Skinner
IMG_6867.jpg

IMG_6849.jpg

IMG_6847.jpg

IMG_6828.jpg

IMG_6857.jpg

IMG_6888.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty darn good.......

for a girl. :biggrin:

Looks like talent runs in the family, you won't have any trouble making that softball money with a couple of those. Nice job. Have dad give you some of my raffle money.:drool:

Good luck,
Rudy

Last edited:
Looks real good Darci :thumbup1: .
Can your dad play ball as well as you can make a knife ?:biggrin:​
I can't wait to see the logo you come up with as well .
Thanks , Bill​

Hey guys and gals I tried to get Darci to put up her first made knife but she gave me this evil look ,this knife has a flat grind and it has a good taper from 1/4" to nothing and is sharp looks like it could skin real good ,no file work because she said who wants to clean blood out of file work , LOL thanks for making her feel so good about her work ,it was real nice to get her working in the shop with me but on superbowl sunday !!!!!!! I let her do all the work this time ,no dad standing over her shoulder .i hate it when they start growing up LOL. this is her first knife it's one of the best sofar I think.
darcifk5.jpg

darcifk1.jpg

Last edited:
Clint and Darci,
Great work.
Just so you know, you don't need the rivets or press to make a Kydex sheath. Tracy sells a product called Chicago screws which will work fine. You just drill holes thru both layers of Kydex and use these screws.

Steve

Well Young Lady,
That's a mighty fine looking knife you got there.

Just hope that my 8th knife will look that good.

Todd

If you would like a Kydex sheath for your raffle knife, I would be happy to make one n/c to help with the raffle.
Let me know, I can turn it around quick.

Steve

Clint and Darci,
Great work.
Just so you know, you don't need the rivets or press to make a Kydex sheath. Tracy sells a product called Chicago screws which will work fine. You just drill holes thru both layers of Kydex and use these screws.

Steve

Thanks Mr. Steve I'm going to try one first my POPS has Kydex and i've wanted to try it he said he has a belt thingy for it we'll try chicago screws if it just looks bad i'd love to let you have a shot but i need to try it first.... wish me luck

Jeff Pearce won this knife thank everybody for playing and for the support

Back