Loveless Grind?

spook120

Total newbie. Am looking to establish a hobby/avocation for my retirement years (in two years). Anyway, I have always been facinated by the grind lines on the Loveless fighters. Is there a turtorial on how that is accomplished? I also wonder how the bladesmiths mate a rounded cut line by like Walter Brend does on his #2 fighter blade. LONG ways from that level of skill, but will be getting the tools (grinder ect) in the next while so when the time comes I can start making a mess. Thank you in advance for the replies.

its a 2 part hollow grind tho im not sure what the wheel sizes for those knives i did one and used 10 inch then followed by a 5 inch wheel to "extra hollow" the grind out

Thanks guys. Got the book. Had it for years....smells like an old book. I think Loveless makes a drop point hunter in the book, not his fighter unless a newer edition has the fighter also. Sure wish I had the skills some you folks have, but I guess I have to start somewhere. Maybe I will be the next Walter Brend.............. NOT. Thanks again for taking time to reply.

Back