Panther Knife with Sabre Tip

Eric Ochs

Here is a Panther Knife I will deliver this week to a good customer and friend. To be honest when I started this knife over a year ago I had trouble getting it to all come together how I wanted it. Well I made some good progress over that time and am pretty happy with how it came out. Now I can’t wait to grind the next one, I have two started already. The inspiration for this comes from Bob Lum's Sabre Tip fighter thought the blade shape and handles are both slightly different.

Blade: CPM S30V flat ground satin finish with Paul Bos Heat Treat to 59.5+/- Rockwell; 5/32" thick; 7" blade edge with a hollow ground martle swedge, 12-3/16” Overall.

Handles: G10 with palm swell and yellow liner, brass/stainless mosaic pins, stainless thong tube and guard pins.

For anyone interested I finished the first round of updating on my web page this week. It has been sorely out of date for some time.

Thanks for looking,
Eric

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

it bears repeating, that knife is awesome! You got the handle contouring down pretty good. I'm really looking forward to the test drive!

Back