LOOK WHAT I MADE Basket Weave

ironarmknives

Bladesmith & Forum Owner/Moderator
Yesterday I got to spend the day in the shop ,"the whole day" started at 7:00am and ended at 9:30pm,But I think it might of been worth it .This is what I came up with.this Billet is just over 1/4 thick and 15"long and 1 1/2 wide .I started with 19 layers of (10 each-1/4",by 4" by 1 1/2 wide 1084)from Aldo and (9 each .070 15n20) ,A Basket weave is what i had in mined but on the last stack I added some more 1084 and 15n20 to get the bold edges and leave the basket weave in the middle ,I think it work as i wanted what do you think ???? :lol::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
after I get back from LA Tonight I'll put up on my makers site all the pic's of all the steps if your interested. Darci has FOUR softball games today
IMG_6731.jpg

IMG_6711.jpg

IMG_6710.jpg

IMG_6709.jpg

Nice work Clint. I like the centered pattern, it would be great for a dagger blade. If you want a tighter weave just stack the pieces on top of themselves in alternating patterns, kinda like the stack in the center of pictures 1 and 2.

Thanks Guys,OK the wife said "you know that Dagger you made me last year THAT YOU SOLD ,!!!!! I WANT ANOTHER".So a dagger it is ,and if someone offers me 550.00 for it i'll sell it just like the last one LOL LOL LOL ,I'll let her hold it until then LOL she'll think it her's Hows That for a plan. this is the next step for the billet.
IMG_6734.jpg

IMG_6740.jpg

IMG_6741.jpg

OK step 3 a quick hollow grind and dip to see what I have ,I'm sick today so not to much work gets done ,i'll just look at it for now and figure what handle it needs if any .and finish work its gonna need .
IMG_6795.jpg

IMG_6789.jpg

IMG_6756.jpg

IMG_6791.jpg

Last edited:
oh dang,that is a sexy dagger...
...and do you really believe you're gonna be able to pry it from your wife's hand once she holds it?
lol,good luck with that!
(you are far braver than I am...I wouldn't even dream of tryin'!) :biggrin:

oh dang,that is a sexy dagger...
...and do you really believe you're gonna be able to pry it from your wife's hand once she holds it?
lol,good luck with that!
(you are far braver than I am...I wouldn't even dream of tryin'!) :biggrin:

LOL Wasn't it you who said the man wears the pants, LOL,

LOL Wasn't it you who said the man wears the pants, LOL,

you bet brother;
but if I gave my wife a dagger as beautiful as that,and then tried to take it from her,
well heck,she'd let me know right quick that I'd have to sleep some time...(and besides,she's a WAY better cook than I am).
We may be the roosters in the barn-yard,but Momma Hen rules the roost ,
and that's just a natural fact :3:

LOL ya, but big bucks speak loud and i can always make her another LOL ,but she said not this time this one is her's . i was just trying to sound like the big bad mean husband .but she saw the post and just put me right back in my place . damm I hate that. LOL.

LOL ya, but big bucks speak loud and i can always make her another LOL ,but she said not this time this one is her's . i was just trying to sound like the big bad mean husband .but she saw the post and just put me right back in my place . damm I hate that. LOL.

yeah,but look at it this way...
now you don't have to worry about what may,or may not be in your dinner...
"honey,did you noticed that the neighbour's cat hasn't been hanging around today?"...:biggrin:

Back