Had a somewhat funny but scary thing happen when hunting this morning

Cliff Fendley

A couple buddy's and I were goose hunting this morning (well three buddy's counting my lab Clyde). We had a group of geese come around behind the blind tall but within range and they weren't going to land so we decided to take them. We start shooting and the first goose my buddy on the right of me shot fell on the guy to my left. Luckily the geese were very high and he had had made three shots (or actually had just pulled the trigger on his third shot) when the goose hit him in the head. It about knocked him out, knocked the gun out of his hand and against the side of the blind, beat his gun up pretty bad.

I saw it falling and realized what it was when it landed next to my feet but didn't realize it hit him. I was watching the two I shot go down so I would know where to send Clyde after them.

It was kind of funny but not and then actually scary once we realized what could have happened if the gun had still had a round in it with the safety off and his finger on the trigger.

I've had them almost hit me before but I don't see how it hit him without him seeing it since he was looking up:confused2:

Thinks like that make you realize you need to be careful and watch for the unexpected because anything that can happen may happen.

Back