Prayer request

WA Martin

Step-son survived a single car smash up Wed night. Severe laceration on his scalp but no other apparent injuries. Not many other details except totaled his Jeep Cherokee. Too many miracles to enumerate here. Need a few hours sleep and then back to the hospital in Grand Coulee Dam, WA to be with his momma. Unknown how long he will be in hospital. Hopefully one two or three more days but ... Please pray for recovery and his peace of mind. He is very upset that he totaled his car, feels he is letting us down, etc.

Thanks in advance.

http://http://www.omakchronicle.com/nws/n110127d.shtml

Prayers for the boy.

I notice the link to the Omak Chronicle... do you live in that area? (I grew up in Tonasket & Republic... my parents live in Omak.)

We will deffinitely keep him in our prayers. Tell him not to sweat the Jeep. Material objects can always be replaced. The fact that he is so worried about it shows his level of maturity and responsibility. Also make sure he takes it nice and easy for the next few weeks after leaving the hospital. Blows to the head can cause nasty injuries even when they aren't immediately visible.

Give Mom a big hug for us and let her know she'll be in our prayers as well. I'm sure she has probably just about worried herself sick over it all.

Prayers sent.As murph said material items can be replaced.
He is a very blessed young man.So many of these stories
today,do not end as well.

God bless,Keith

Prayers can change things, here is one guy praying for a quick and complete recovery.

BTW: My son had 6 accidents, one a month for six straight months. Nothing ever as serious as yours. But things do happen. And he has not had one since, that was 24 years ago.

I'll add a hear hear to what Murph said so well and will add my prayers.

Let's also hope that your step son doesn't follow in JatMat's son's footsteps.

Carey

Thanks, all. Much appreciated. Back at the hospital. Checked in with momma and gave her that hug. She is sleeping now too.

Hey folks, time for an update.

Thank you for your prayers. He is doing spectacularly.

We brought him home Tuesday morning/afternoon without incident. Rests quite a bit but is getting better everyday. Took him to town Thursday, an hour each way, he was pretty tired but took a nap and then went to his men's church group for an hour and a half, then back to bed pretty quickly.

He went to the doctor today to get his staples out but they only removed about 5. The PA didn't think everything had healed quite enough to pop them all out. He did not experience any discomfort for those they did remove so that it a relief. His next appointment is Monday.

Also got the word today that he is getting an excellent settlement on his Jeep. He will have enough to make a very good down payment on his next rig.

Hasn't driven yet but doesn't seem to have any problems with traffic and such as a passenger. He stayed awake the whole way home and on the trip to and from town. When he went to men's group that was at night. Went out with friends for a short time today and seems none the worse for wear. Just quick to nap.

Please pray for patience as he continues to heal. He was telling people at work he might be back as early as this Monday although I doubt they will release him to work until at least the Monday after that. Then he will probably need to ease into it.

I'm going to suggest that if his doctor will allow it that next week he go in on Tuesday, since he will have to carpool with his mom, and then work Wednesday if he feels like it. If not, take Wednesay off and try to work Thursday. Then maybe try to work Mon, Wed, and Frid the next week, and if he handles that well then a full week after that.

It's all in God's hands and his mother and I are very grateful God chose to spare his life. I may put together a small album and provide a link later. Only have pictures of crash and scene but they are interesting.

Back