I Got Me A Deer!!!

Fortunately, the deer did not come through the windshield, close friend of mine lost his cousin to the deer.

Thanks guys. I received a call from a buddy who was needing some help with a project last night and had just left my apartment. I had just turned onto Oak Grove Rd and driven about 200 meters when it happen (less than a mile from my apt).

Ouch. I've lived in central WI basically all my life and have more deer/car stories than time to tell 'em. Did you salvage any venison?

Glad to hear you're not hurt and your car wasn't in worse shape. Guys, if you drive in areas heavily populated with suicidal deer, try mounting a pair of whistlers to your bumper. I don't know their official name but they emit a very high pitched sound that animals can hear. This tends to get their attention for what is coming at them. When I lived in Aspen all the bus drivers used them and swore by them. These guys drove 26 miles down valley and back on their routes late at night and the 2 lane road was deer alley. The whistlers are not expensive and definitely worth a try.

Unfortunately, the deer crawled off. I wish it would ha e died on impact. I hate that it had to suffer, but hopefulyy it didn't suffer long. As of now, it looks as though I will need:

2 fenders
Hood
2 headlights
2 Fog lights
2 Turn signals and markers
All mounting hardware, prep, paint, and possibly a Radiator.

The insurance company ismalready talking about a possible "Total Loss". I hope it isn't. If it is, I'm gonna be walking for a while.

Murph get an estimate on the repair costs. If they do total it buy back and get it fixed. Had a friend buy his truck back and fix it for less than what they were going to give him to total it.

Murph get an estimate on the repair costs. If they do total it buy back and get it fixed. Had a friend buy his truck back and fix it for less than what they were going to give him to total it.

I did that as well on a Nissan, money more than needed after salvage is deducted. Made money on it. Of course a friend helped out with some of the work. But you do know the condition of engine and tranny and good used trucks are hard to find.

I also did this same thing,and as mat said,I did all the work myself
and made money.

Murph,thats one of those city deer.
If thats not in the city limits,its close

God bless,Keith

Back