Not really a knife, but i think it's cool anyway, and my dad made it :)

papi

Talk about keeping the thread titles short :D

Anyway, guys, those of you who know me know, that i hate working with leather. I can't be clamped down, precisely machined... it really gives me a headache...
So, when my dad came up with this, i was a bit nervous, cause he told me it would involve some leatherwork. Fortunately, he took care of the leatherwork, and all i had to do was to make the buttons... which was pretty much ok :)
What blew my mind though... when you look closely, you'll see the main portion of the bracelet is made from one piece, not from three separate stripes of leather. I have no idea how that's done. Or how is that even possible for that matter...

Now here's a little something we whipped up yesterday as a practice for my mom's birthday gift :) , and i have to say i like it so much i kept it :)

Let me know what you think :)

IMG_6226.jpg

IMG_6228.jpg

IMG_6229.jpg

Thank you for looking, take care,
Ondrej

Thank you guys, i really appreciate your kind words. And after i passed them over to my dad, he does too :)

Ondrej

Papi, that is what is called a "Blind Braid". I have a tutorial somewhere on it and when I find it I'll send it to you. Really cool looking bracelet and button.

I made some several years ago. They were called a mystery braid.
Found the link on the web.
I made them in sets of three for vest extensions on our motorcycle vests,
Takes a little time but not hard once you get the layout. Just practice.

Back