update on life as i know it

Miss_Lora

Well, as Wayne Coe pointed out, I've been scarce around these parts. Between my paying job at the university, being the office part of Shadow Knives and taking extra care of my Daddy, it's a 25-hour-a-day job.

Dad has been doing great, considering he lost both his legs above the knee and is 79 yrs old. He got his 'starter' legs (no bending knees) and announced 11th hour that he wasn't going back to rehab,that he was going to build a workout area in his home and learn there.

I truly thought that was a mistake. Well, Thursday was my birthday and what a great present-- Dad got walked off of his workout parallel bars, into the living room, then on into the kitchen where he did some dishes in his sink! I sure don't mind being wrong about this one. What a miraculous comeback.

Any time I need inspiration, I don't have to look far; I just look at my Daddy! Here's Dad, me, my sister and brother at Christmas....

Attachments

• 156692_10150342754965324_842015323_15764294_6372129_n.jpg
    156692_10150342754965324_842015323_15764294_6372129_n.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
That's an awesome update! What amazing intestinal fortitude he has. Many people would be lost in self pitty but he met the challenge head on. Heck, he even invited it to his house for the fight. My hat is off to him. Please give our best wishes and know he will be in our prayers for continued progression.

Last edited:
Miss Lora, It sounds like you sure have your plate full. Just member that you need a little levity and self time to take care of yourself too. We're here to help. Just taking the time to check Knife Dogs from time to time can help.
From one of your buddies.

good to hear he is on his way to recovery and mobility.
make sure and take a few minutes for yourself now and then -- just to keep things in perspective.

Hey Miss Lora,
I'm glad you guys are back. Everyone missed you.
Did you ever publish your book?

regards,
Steve

thanks all for the support and encouragement and kind words. Yes, it does help to just come to the Dawgs once in a while, Wayne.
Steve- Yes I did it! Checked out a few places and finally went with ArtsCow and created a 5 X 7 hardcover book with Eddie's top models in it. Sent the first one to a guy who doesn't have a computer (yes, there ARE still folks like that.) He saw the article in Tactical Knives, so that means he only saw 3 types of Shadow Knives, and there are so many models!
I am already making Eddie gear the mind and the grind towards this year's Blade in Atlanta. This year I am hoping to bring along Eddie's nephew to help with the table so we can hang out with the Dawgs more! :biggrin:

Back