Recon Tiger Makhaira a chopper/fighter in CPM 3V

Eric Ochs

This is a prototype I have been working on for some time. My goal was to try to bring together a number of my favorite design aspects from choppers and large fighters in a functional working knife. Let me know what you think. This will be sent off for some independent testing soon so you may see this later.

Blade: Brutal tough CPM 3V with a Paul Bos heat treat to +/-59 Rockwell and flat grinds top and bottom. 12-1/8" blade edge ,18-1/8" overall and 0.202 thick.

Handle: Linen Micarta with stainless hidden corby bolts, tube and peened pins at the guard. There is also a bonk/glass braker with recessed thong hole.

Thanks for looking!

Just a note for those who might care these pics and close-ups are taken AFTER chopping through the pumpkin and twice through a 2x4”.
Eric

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is some quick testing I did yesterday. Not really the ideal spot but I had to try it out. Thanks to my wife for helping with the pics and I have to say my daughter really got a kick out of this...do it again, do it again was her response. I have to agree, can't wait to get this in the woods!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm gonna chop a bunch of stuff up with this sucker and post up pictors and my impressions some time very soon. Stay tuned...

Thanks for the comments. I really appreciate all the feedback.

I'm gonna chop a bunch of stuff up with this sucker and post up pictors and my impressions some time very soon. Stay tuned...

As Lorien mentioned this is shipping off to him on Monday for some test driving. I am excited to see what he thinks.

Eric

Back