I got this this morning.What do you think?

Keith Willis

I had a fix blade,to take to a friend of my Dads.
Dad was going to his place this morning,so I asked if I
could ride along,and take it to him.We had a short visit
but as I was getting up to leave,the guy asked,what I was planning to do with the rest of my day.I told him I was going to try and
cut out a few folder blades.He asked what I used to cut them with
and I told him,that I was using a side grinder,but that I
was looking for a Porta Band.He ask if he gave me one
would I use it:what!:We walked out to his shop,he took it
off the shelf and gave it to me(with an extra blade).
I will be fixing him up a knife.I am sure it's not the best made,
but for the price....It was the best for me.
Does anyone have a pic or a drawing,as to how to fix a bracket
to be able to stand it up?
Thanks,

God bless,Keith

I still have not make a bracket for mine..........I just put the handle in my bench vise and tighten it down!
nice score!

Good score Kieth!

I have one and I attached it to the base of a old small bench top style drill press. What I did was first secured the old press base to the bench, This base has a adjustable height table that is on a shaft that the head of the old drill press attaches to.. OK so I positioned the saw on the table.. The secured the saw to the shaft and the table with zip strips.. and have been cutting steel with it without and problems for 6 months! To attach I had to drill a couple small holes through the inside cover etc.. Basic fake it till ya make it stuff!

I have seen a tutorial or 2 where guys use 2X4 and make a stand.. Im sure someone will post up one or 2 of them as well..

I made one out of square tubing for my milwaukee band saw. I will post pics of it later if you would like to see it. From what I see you can remove the handle and use the two screws as your support braket for the saw and just make the stand for that. Hope that points you in the right direction.

RC

Thanks guys.Hey RC,post up a pic and if anyone else
can add a pic,that would be appreciated.

God bless,Keith

550%20Chomper.jpg
+
scO3jIV31HyTMqZ_pz0jzI_Z91o8ubcixsrY-6uysMPLYkflD2Dp_yinaokKF574Ccr6VzFT3uRXaEEsHN80UhQGANhaY2Lfw53a_RrK-iHy-2tHBAFgXm6AkMYTE_y-OLugew-Q_dRdp3hbYUwpnoNe23gGiA

CustomSignatureBarHD.png

Best regards and God Bless,
Wayne

Full Time Maker
Member of the Professional Knifemakers Association
www.jarrettknives.com
Are you a Dawg yet?

Be sure to check out the new Jarrett Knives Forum

Last edited:
Thanks Wayne,that does give me an idea.
Where did ya get the foot switch?
I clamped it in my vise,to give it a try.....
I don't think a brand new one would have cut any better:happy:

God bless,Keith

You can get the foot switch at Harbor freight for about 12 bucks. I actually got my set up from watching one of Wayne Jarret's video tutorials.

rcknives - Exactly right about the switch. Mine came from an older Foredom that I had and wasn't using but they are all the same. And I'm tickled that you benefited from watching my tutorials.

Keith -

Clamping it in a vise is how I first used mine but it's a pain to do and it can be dangerous. How? Well, you'll be inclined to not want to clamp it down so tight that you start bending the case. Then when you start cutting it can suddenly rock back and forth in the vise when you least expect it.

Second hint - buy the plate aluminum off of one of the vendors on eBay. For a 12 X 12 X 1/4" they run about $25. Expect to cut a lot of the plate with a hand held jig saw with a metal cutting blade. Why? Because the throat of your bandsaw isn't deep enough to make that long of a cut. And make sure you clean up all the shavings from cutting and grinding the aluminum. You don't want steel sparks hitting that stuff. Check out one of Wayne Coe's post for the details.

When you mount it, make sure you put the slot in front like in my photo. You will see others with the slot in back - similar to factory machines.However, if you do, you have to remove it every time you want to change blades or when the blade pops off. It's better to do it the way that I did and never have to worry about it again.

Best wishes on making an indispensable tool.
CustomSignatureBarHD.png

Best regards and God Bless,
Wayne

Full Time Maker
Member of the Professional Knifemakers Association
www.jarrettknives.com
Are you a Dawg yet?

Be sure to check out the new Jarrett Knives Forum

Last edited:
I saw one somewhere were it was mounted in the tool arm holder on their grinder. I tried looking real quick but couldn't find a picture anywhere.

Back