OUCH ! I'm walking funny

Rudy Joly

I sent out a package yesterday to Sweden.......what a surprise I got. Man, am I out of touch !

I picked the smallest flat rate box that would do the job (6x6) and insured it for 20 bucks. The whole thing weighed less than 2 pounds even after my overdone duct tape sealing job. I almjost dropped a bomb (in my pants) when the nice fella told me it was $35.00 to ship. I think he may have noticed my knees buckle a little, but at least I didn't cry.:what!: I did however notice that my backside hurt and I was walking funny on the way out.

Anyway, I was thinking maybe they should post some general rates somewhere because next time it might be a heart attack at the post office. I can't even imagine what a bigger box would cost. I think I'll refrain from reaching out into the world for a while, just till my backside heals and I can walk straight again.

Rudy

I haven't tried to ship anything overseas for a long time so that kind of scared me a little. Maybe some of the folks that do it on a regular basis will chime in and tell us some stories.

Kind of makes you wonder how someone can import KSO's from China and sell them for five bucks.

Carey

Hey Rudy , let me know the next time .. I'll give you the secret code .
It won't cost any less , but they throw in some grease ...​

I sent out a package yesterday to Sweden.......what a surprise I got. Man, am I out of touch !

I picked the smallest flat rate box that would do the job (6x6) and insured it for 20 bucks. The whole thing weighed less than 2 pounds even after my overdone duct tape sealing job. I almjost dropped a bomb (in my pants) when the nice fella told me it was $35.00 to ship. I think he may have noticed my knees buckle a little, but at least I didn't cry.:what!: I did however notice that my backside hurt and I was walking funny on the way out.

Anyway, I was thinking maybe they should post some general rates somewhere because next time it might be a heart attack at the post office. I can't even imagine what a bigger box would cost. I think I'll refrain from reaching out into the world for a while, just till my backside heals and I can walk straight again.

Rudy

It's already been done.

http://www.usps.com/calculateretailpostage/

Hey Rudy , let me know the next time .. I'll give you the secret code .
It won't cost any less , but they throw in some grease ...​

Thanks for the tears Bill.
Actually I thought of you when I left........laughing your !#@^%$ off at my misfortune. How do you sleep at night ? I certainly didn't win this time.

Rudy

Back