Just Horsing around

ironarmknives

Bladesmith & Forum Owner/Moderator
OK I Made these two Hoof Picks for the wife's girl friends ,two cowgirls who both have a knife from me they take ridding every week. i had this steel sitting around that had a fold flaw in the middle of the billet I Just couldn't make a knife out of it so i pounded out these hoof picks .darci had a fit she said i could of given her the billet she would of made two small knives LOL. anyways I made the wife happy now she has two nice gifts for the party this weekend. and nothing like happy cowgirls .

IMG_6621.jpg

IMG_6626.jpg

IMG_6594.jpg

IMG_6583.jpg

IMG_6627.jpg

IMG_6615.jpg

Those look great, but it's a shame that billet didn't become a blade. That's a great looking pattern.

Those are the nicest hoof picks I’ve ever seen.

But the big question is: “ Did you get to use the oven again?”

Todd

They look great Clint.
You're on the high road to redemption with the boss.

Make sure you wash your nose :biggrin:

Rudy

Those are the nicest hoof picks I’ve ever seen.

But the big question is: “ Did you get to use the oven again?”

Todd

no the oven is out of the question, used the small elec. oven in the shop that I have been sleeping in me and the dog.

Those look great, but it's a shame that billet didn't become a blade. That's a great looking pattern.

ya 400 layers just couldn't trust it for a knife ,real tight pattern in each one of those grooves has tons of lines ,got to get the wife off my case for the stove thing somehow LOL.

I think you are gonna be at least even? Or just give her one and sell the other?
Really nice looking hoof picks too. Excellent!
Dozier

Back