It started as a joke!

maxcutter03

A few months back there was a bushcraft build off and I entered. One of the other members who lives in Fort Worth who had never build a knife was talked into making a knife also by yours truely. :nothing: Well while he was in the process of drilling his holes.....I got a wild hair. I picked up a piece of scrap 1095 and went to town profiling and grinding. A miniture!!!! Heat treated with the rest of the knives, I quickly finished it out and started taking pictures to say that this other fella had finished his knife out already as a joke.

The end result is that I now have been making minitures and can't keep them on the table. Here is the first one made to look like a full grown bushcraft and then with its big brother. Also some of the others that I have made since then.

Boone3.jpgBoone1.jpgIMG00061-20110115-1653.jpgIMG00059-20110115-1538.jpg

Them are just to cool! congrats on the quick sales.

I love the dagger! Nice work Max..

God Bless YA
Randy

Looking good i am in the middle of one myself they are fun and good to hone your skills there is no room for errors.

I never made a miniature... on purpose! I've made quite a few that ended up about 1/2 scale by the time I ground out all my mistakes, though :nothing:

Nice Marvin. I like the dagger too, Randy has good taste.
Reminds me of the story of the guy that had a rabbit farm and got rich selling worms!
My Best, Dozier

those are real cool marvin, i like the little drop point . and you have to tell the story about the guy with the rabbit farm dozier

Back