New Prototype "Sengoku"

Just finished this one up last weekSengoku4.jpg
Blade is 4.25" with a 9" overall length.
Damascus is 1095/8670
Handle is Lightning strike carbon fiber
Comes with a leather lined kydex sheath

I plan on doing another one with stingray skin and a cord wrap but I'm pretty thrilled with how the lightning strike carbon fiber turns out.

I feel I could fell a tree, or lop heads off.. with that one. I dig.

Looks like an awesome tactical utility. Look forward to seeing the wrapped model.

Nicely done and you sure got my interest when you said leather lined kydex sheath but the picture of the sheath seems to be missing.

Thanks for showing it off,
Carey

Rick, that is a totally excellent design and your fit and finish are superb!! Everything seems to flow with the lines in the damascus perfectly. You hit one out of the park there, brother.

I would enjoy that Rick. I just can't imagine how you used a leather lining in kydex but it sounds like a great idea to keep from scratching the knife finish.

Carey

I would enjoy that Rick. I just can't imagine how you used a leather lining in kydex but it sounds like a great idea to keep from scratching the knife finish.

Hi Carey,
I messed with the idea for a good long time as I like kydex but not its ability to scratch pretty much anything you put in it. Basically make a template of your blade (flip over double side style) on thin pigskin or calfskin. Then lay that out on your kydex and scuff up the surface where the leather will be. Contact cement it down and let dry for several hours prior to forming your sheath. I usually stain the leather as well to match the kydex color.

Back