set64rs controller problems (EEEE display)

Dan Seaver

KNIFE MAKER
Hey guys.

I finally got my heat treat oven ready but when I went to fire it up I ended up with a display that says EEEE.

The instructions can be found here: http://www.temperaturecontrolwiki.c...oak-64-Profile-Segments-Arizona-Phoenix_4.pdf

I have it programed for a type K thermocouple so that isn't the issue.

I think its problem B) "Input signal value is beyond the high or low limit. " Does anybody know what the input signal value should be and how to adjust it?

Thanks!
-Dan

IG, it would be nice if there were clear instructions. I already tried a new thermocouple (and switching polarity) which is the most common cause other than wrong programing (which is right).

This leaves me with either too high or low input value; or a defective unit. I don't think its defective though. I already tried setting the input to -999 - 9999 but with no success.

IG, it would be nice if there were clear instructions. I already tried a new thermocouple (and switching polarity) which is the most common cause other than wrong programing (which is right).

This leaves me with either too high or low input value; or a defective unit. I don't think its defective though. I already tried setting the input to -999 - 9999 but with no success.
On the lead coming from the K coupling, do you have the yellow wire going to the positive on the terminal?????

I spent some time with the one I have last night and it started out reading the EEEE like yours did. After I got through putting in the parameters I wanted the E's went away and it read the proper temperature and when it reached my setting the control and alarm relays worked.

I just got through looking at the instructions for yours and they look very similar only yours gives you more choices. The only selections I was able to make is in the 0089 & 0001 addresses but that was all it took. I think if you enter all your parameters it should work ok. Between just pushing buttons to see what happens and looking at the directions you should be fine, that's what I did. :)

One other thing, my TC wires are red and yellow, the yellow went to +, I had it the other way and temperature ran negative.

Last edited:
Well fellas I figured out the problem, turns out the screen will read "EEEE" if the ambient temperature sensor reads below 40F. So I just gotta run my electric heater next to the kiln for the winter time.

Back