Poor POPS

D

darci

OK Guys be nice to POPS today i just called home to get a ride to basketball from my friends house then to my other friends after basketball ,then to have him pick all 5 of us up for softballball then take us all back after softball, and he was getting his "BUTT" chewed out by my Mom about making the whole house smell like burnt oil and even thinking about using her oven in the house for his knife stuff "he was trying to say something and she just went off "LOL"LIKE SLEEPING IN THE SHOP UNTIL THE SMELL GOES AWAY IT WAS BAD, GLAD I'M NOT AT HOME ,Poor POPS LOL LOL LOl sorry to tell everyone Pops but it was funny :biggrin:

The way he's been cranking out the Steel , I thought he was already sleeping in the shop !!

The way he's been cranking out the Steel , I thought he was already sleeping in the shop !!

No kidding.....
I asked him over a week ago if he ever slept. lol. It's nice to have a spy in the shop, keep the reports coming Darci. Poor Clint....who wears the pan.....errrrr, nevermind.

Rudy

No kidding.....
I asked him over a week ago if he ever slept. lol. It's nice to have a spy in the shop, keep the reports coming Darci. Poor Clint....who wears the pan.....errrrr, nevermind.

Rudy

LOL its always so much fun living with two strong headed girls

Last edited:
LOL its always so much fun living with two strong headed girls

Wow!!!
Living with 2 strong headed ladies!!!!! I live with one, EXTREMELY stub....errr, I mean strong minded woman, my hat's off to ya Bro', it takes a mighty special person to endure the kind of torture! Here's a tip for ya, before you temper your knives in the kitchen oven clean them with Isopropyl Alcohol, it doesn't leave any kind of residue, I've been using that for the knives I temper in my kitchen oven, and have not had any sort of fumes or anything that would indicate that there was a knife in there, just that the stove was on. It's kinda nice since we got a new oven that has a timer and pre-heat indicator on it. Of course this tip will only help if you're "allowed' to use the oven again! :3:
Good LUCK!!! Rex

Thanks I'll have to look that up, not that its gonna help me out this time but hey it would be nice to not get yelled at.even if i do it so many times she lets me buy a kilns ohell one of them heating ovens that cost 15-1900.00 .LOL there just might be a reason i don't learn my lesson very easy LOL

Last edited:
Didja ever think about getting a convection oven for the shop. That way you avoid some of the times of having to live in the shop,,,, but when you do at least you can cook a burger.
:s12108::s12137:

Thanks I'll have to look that up, not that its gonna help me out this time but hey it would be nice to not get yelled at.even if i do it so many times she lets me buy a kilns ohell one of them heating ovens that cost 15-1900.00 .LOL there just might be a reason i don't learn my lesson very easy LOL

You know there is a kiln that doesn't cost that much that works great! Which if you get the computer control will work fine as a temper oven as well, the cost of the kiln without the computer control is around $500, with is about $750, it's called Smart Kilns, made by Sugar Creek Industries, check out their site at sugarcreekind.com, if you call them, tell Sue Rex from Alabama sent you her way, she is a sweetie, and extremely helpful, I think Boss is selling them now as well, not sure what his prices are but they should be about the same, Rex

I was there too with a wife and three girls.
Now it's just two of us and I'm still a downtrodden minority in my own home.

But it is QUIETER now.

Rudy

An understanding woman is a big plus for a knifemaker. More often than not, especially in the winter, our kitchen table is covered with leatherworking stuff and the dining room becomes the shipping department.

I feel your pain brother, wife (now ex), two daughters, even our two dogs were females.:31: I'm gaining on them though I have a 3 year old boy now.:35:

See now,I don't have no such problem;
I wear the pants in my house!
newyears09.jpg

...'cause my wife says I look silly in an apron and high heels...
(oops,was that my 'outside' voice?):biggrin:

Last edited:
I know how you feel, I have 4 women in the house my Mother, Wife, and 2 Daughters sigh. :what!: :34:
Michael

I know how you feel. I got my Mother, Wife and the big problem is the grand Duaghter living with us. She is 8 and wants to start making knifes, hunt with me and keep on asking when does she get her own rifle and bow.

Back