K9 Advantix???

D

donaldcarter55

Does anyone use or have experience with this product? Just wanted to get some opinions. Thanks.

I've used it on my 3 at times. It has a bit better effect on ticks than some of the other spot treatments. Usually works within 24 hours if ticks are already embedded and it's fairly waterproof after 24 hours.

It's important to be sure that your dog doesn't have any issues before you apply it. Dogs with compromised immune systems, severe allergies to just about everything, or similar conditions probably should not have any type of spot treatment applied, but if your guy or gal is healthy, then it should work for you.

If your main problem is fleas, there may be a better product and a better way to attack the problem. I'd check with your vet for that.

I have tried many over the years on my dogs and cats, the one I found to work the best for my pets anyway is "Advantage".

I've never used any of the flea & tick spot treatments on any of my dogs for years and never had a problem. Then we had a very bad season for fleas (my vet told me that) and my Scottie was loaded with them! Had to have the house fumigated... wasn't pleasant! I started using FRONTLINE (the vet recommended it) on Casper (missed a few months) and haven't had any episodes of fleas and have pulled just a few ticks off in 2 1/2 years before they became attached. Never used K9 ADVANTIX. I sort of wonder if these types of products are helpful during a 'bad' season of flea infestations.

Back