Need Rescue Dogs OUCH

Kris Martinelli

Dear Dogs, I need some rescue dogs and help. I want to design an OUCH knife. I was thinking with a grenade as the handle no joke, lol. I will be doing a collaboration with Chuck Stapel and Dogs? for designing a knife if you feel led. I will let Chuck cut it out, LOL. This is for a Charity Auction in July 2011! I would be proud to bring the Dogs with me in support, in helping me design a knife, if possible? It will be for OUCH Organization for Understanding Cluster Headaches: a 501c3. It is know through out the world for only a few that struggle with this (my) disease. Cluster Headaches-"Suicide Headaches" (Click to read more) I am in very rare class of .01% of the population. OUCH gathers once a year with many doctors, Universities, educators, sufferers and family...to educate and raise money for a very rare disease, procedures and support. This will be my first year involved, but there will be several thousand people world wide. I will get more detail.

will take any ideas for a design, crayon, pencil and or we colabrate many designs into one. Would a grenade for a handle be illegal to carry, ???? I want it to be a defender knife but one that looks like it could kill a demon offensive. Here is a picture that describes it on Wiki...I know a lot of us are busy so this is only if you feel led and or have extra time. But I would like to Auction it as a Dog Knife made by dogs and Chuck Stapel ??? You can PM if you have questions. Thanks Kris

Background on Me and the Disease.......I write this not for attention or sympathy..All of us have pain at one level or another and pain is relevant. No pain is worse the another if it distracts our lives!

"The worst pain know to humans and medical science."
This disease has profoundly changed my life.
It's only after twelve years now I want to combine my love for knives and be more proactive about this horrific disease and countless other men and woman who suffer silently. I have had the best support financially and it Destroyed my career as a Paramedic/Firefighter, Singer/Songwriter. I have tried to work in other careers less stressful but it is now after twelve years of fighting this disease alone..It has disabled me and now I want to give back because I have found a love for knives and I can give back to organizations who educate and help support those individuals and families who suffer as I did alone. I have had neuro surgeries seen the best doctors money can buy and I am in a .01 % of the population who Suffer Chronically. I have the headaches Annually not Seasonally as most do. Mine do not stop....I have found knives as my path to freedom really. I can't pound and beat up my guitar...so metal works great for my frustrations. Sorry for the long story.... Thank you for your comments and support. This is my first knife forum (sort of) and first time making knives? LOL
I will be wearing Dog Shirts at this convention!!! Thanks dogs.

Cluster Picture.jpgDr. Peter Goadsby, Professor of Clinical Neurology at University College London, a leading researcher on the condition has commented:
"Cluster headache is probably the worst pain that humans experience. I know that’s quite a strong remark to make, but if you ask a cluster headache patient if they’ve had a worse experience, they’ll universally say they haven't. Women with cluster headache will tell you that an attack is worse than giving birth. So you can imagine that these people give birth without anesthetic once or twice a day, for six, eight, or ten weeks at a time, and then have a break. It's just awful."[5]

Last edited:
Wow Kris. I guess we all have our own burdens to bear but yours sounds like an especially rough one.
If I get a brainstorm for your project I'll shoot you a note.

Best wishes,
David

When I get a virus, my sinuses give me horrible headaches. My doctor told me it sounded exactly like a cluster headache. Actually, he prescribed me some cluster headache meds, but they didn't help. They are only present around the times when people get sick (even if I have no other cold/flu symptoms) or before/after I get a cold. I know your pain, man. But, mine only last for a few days, and if I take enough advil (I think it's because it thins the blood and stops any blocking pains), they go away.

For a grenade handle, you could consider getting a defused grenade and cutting it into handle scales, so it would have the shrapnel feel.

Last edited:
good luck with this. I hope you find relief at some point Kris..

man...faced with that kind of pain,the positive outlook and vibe you bring to this forum humbles me.
I think if it were me with that kind of pain,and more,the KNOWLEDGE that it's coming every few hours...
I would be curled up in a corner in a fetal position clutching a bottle of rum...
Smoke goin' up for you and the others who suffer this pain;

May you find freedom from it,and Peace...

When I get a virus, my sinuses give me horrible headaches. My doctor told me it sounded exactly like a cluster headache. Actually, he prescribed me some cluster headache meds, but they didn't help. They are only present around the times when people get sick (even if I have no other cold/flu symptoms) or before/after I get a cold. I know your pain, man. But, mine only last for a few days, and if I take enough advil (I think it's because it thins the blood and stops any blocking pains), they go away.

For a grenade handle, you could consider getting a defused grenade and cutting it into handle scales, so it would have the shrapnel feel.
That is a great idea Mike..........!!! Ya, I was wondering if a grenade for a handle might be offensive, your ideas makes it classy looking. Thank you so much Rescue Dog@!!! PS Pain is pain and pain sucks. I am surprised your Dr even knows the word Cluster Headache many do not!!! He must be good. If it does get bad please pm anytime. Thank you for sharing!

man...faced with that kind of pain,the positive outlook and vibe you bring to this forum humbles me.
I think if it were me with that kind of pain,and more,the KNOWLEDGE that it's coming every few hours...
I would be curled up in a corner in a fetal position clutching a bottle of rum...
Smoke goin' up for you and the others who suffer this pain;

May you find freedom from it,and Peace...

Ironwolf you are a good man!! And you called it right! I did what "you would do" LOL, I works for a while and then makes it worse. Lucky after twelve years I found a doctor who treats my pain when others wouldn't. That's why they call them suicide headaches....alcohol makes your "not think right" LOL I am trying to use my music and knives now as a way to help others. Government wont let me make money, LOL!

Great Group of People

Dogs.....

Thank you for your comments and support...I have found knives as my path to freedom really. I can't pound and beat up my guitar when I am in pain ...so metal works great for my frustrations. We all have or own pain in one way or another mine is no different. Pain if it distracts our lives is horrible. Thank you for your comments and support. This is my first knife forum (sort of) proud to be apart and first time making knives? And my first Auction event for my disease, go figure? LOL
I will be wearing Dog Shirts at this convention!!! Thanks dogs. :what!:

im really sorry you suffer from that kris, i drew this up for the cause but i had to shrink it to upload it, just an idea

showimage.php
[/URL][/IMG]

im really sorry you suffer from that kris, i drew this up for the cause but i had to shrink it to upload it, just an idea

showimage.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Must click on Image to See what Kenny has put together!!!! WOW.
....It fits the brutality of the disease. Then after this we will sell the idea to the war department. "If you can't stick it, pull the pin.", if you can't get close enough pull and throw knife" "This now means we can bring a knife to a gunfight" .......thank you for your time and I will put and mention all of you and your support on my site for this project. I will add a special link for all of you who want a link to your knives on my knife? ..."I will call it weird links" OUCH will appreciate this help. Kenny you are in the lead for the fantasy knife and then we will auction another hunters knife. TWO will be auction for OUCH? In July......Kenny do you think a ripping saw on the back of the spine would be too much???? PS send me a PM with your link if you want me to post anything I have several sites.

Last edited:
Must click on Image to See what Kenny has put together!!!! WOW.
Wow is right. Thanks for the note to click the image/link. That handle is excellent! Kenny drew the handle that was in my head, but he drew it better. I think you have a winner there.

My daughter the artist may have some ideas. I'll have to ask her when I get home this evening.

Steve

Back