Kiln $40

hay George How hot of a temp can you hold with this setup ? I have one of like yours a friend gave me, he was going to junk it so I brought it home. I make mostly carbon and dumascus and a few stainless. I would like to be able to harden my stainless and not have to send them off and wait for them to get back. If so would it be cost effective?

jw

hay George How hot of a temp can you hold with this setup ? I have one of like yours a friend gave me, he was going to junk it so I brought it home. I make mostly carbon and dumascus and a few stainless. I would like to be able to harden my stainless and not have to send them off and wait for them to get back. If so would it be cost effective?

jw
I had mine up to 2100 degress. But being only 110v, it took better than three hours to get there.:2: So if you are going to HT SS it would be more cost affective to do them in batches.:3:

Last edited:
Hay George Thanks for that info. My kiln is 220volt so I suppose it would be a little faster. I dont make many stainless and most are one at time. Also it seems like there is a lot extra space in there to be heated that said if there is any one here in the north central Texas area that would like to have this kiln and has A pickup truck, it is yours ,no charge. You can email me

jwstarr1@xanadoo.com

You can

Back