can you recommend a good site for purchasing suvival kit items in bulk?

Wil

I'm interested in putting together some survival kits and would like to buy ferro rods or other fire starter devices, emergency blankets, etc. for real basic survival kits. I am looking for decent quality and good prices....any help will be greatly appreciated.

Midwest Knifemakers Supply has the ferro rods. If the survival blankets you are looking for are the inexpensive foil type, they typically have those at Wal-Mart for a dollar or two. If you can't find hem at Wal-Mart, Academy Sports usually has them as well. Another good item to have is cotton bal;s soaked in Vaseline. It really helps with the fire starting from what I read (I carry a cigarette lighter).

If you post a list of other items you may want to include, we may be able to help with more.

i would also be interested in water purification tablets, water storage (bottles), knives...fairly inexpensive but reliable, compasses, whistles, fishing kits, ponchos, insect repellent, paracord, snare wire, basic first aid supplies, candles, multi-tools, sharpening stones, etc.

A lot of that stuff can be had at a decent military surplus store. Try local so you don't have the shipping costs.

Pat

Check out Goinggear.com lots of stuff and have specials all the time good gear at good prices, I have bought from them several times inthe last 2 years.
Michael

Are you looking to sell the kits? If so, open accounts with the vendors if you think you will do enough volume. Most of them require opening orders of ~$1000 though. If not, we have pretty good prices on most stuff and a 10% KD discount (ggkd10).

http://beprepared.com/Default.asp?bhcd2=1295153467

The website for Emergency Essentials. I have bought several things from them, and I am now on their mailing list. Their latest catalogs always feature a few bulk discounts on a variety of items. They have some crappy stuff, but also some great new top-of-the-line stuff like a human powered water UV purifier.

I bought my steripen from them, and now this is out - bummer!

http://beprepared.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_WP P510_A_name_E_SteriPEN® Sidewinder

Last edited:
Isnt that the way it works. something cooler always comes out right after you pull the trigger. That thing is awesome... thanks for the info.

In the past I have bought quite a bit of supplies from Major Surplus and Survival,California.I have always been very satisfied with the quality of there products.

I saw a site about a year or so ago called specialty bottle supply, they had all kinds of different tins for survival kits. As I recall they had a pretty good selection of various sizes and shapes that may be of interest to you. Hope this helps out

Back