Something different

Been a while since I've posted here. This is one I just finished up this morning.

Blade is Brenham meteorite (from Brenham Kansas).
Guard is Gibeon meteorite
Spacer is Brenham Palasite (stony-iron meteorite from Brenham Kansas)
Grip is stabilized Juniper burl

D009-composit-350.jpg

Thanks for looking - comment are welcome.

Michael

Very nice! Man, that meteorite adds an amazing level of character to this piece. Well done!

I think it is beautiful. The guard is a little confusing as it is rounded on one side and rough on the other. I think I might have roughed out the other side to even them out but it still looks great.

Thanks all.

I think it is beautiful. The guard is a little confusing as it is rounded on one side and rough on the other. I think I might have roughed out the other side to even them out but it still looks great.

Gahagan - The "rough" part of the guard is the natural fusion "skin" on the meteorite. My client likes to see some of that "crust" or "skin" when ever possible. I kinda like it too.

Thanks again all for you comments.

Michael

That is just over the top man!!!!! The whole thing just screems AWSOME!!! I watched a program on cable where they dug up some of that type if meteorite. those stones in the metal sell for quite a penny and are beautiful. You went out of your way on this one!!!!!

Back