Tutorials

Roger

I was looking for information on installing guards and pommels but couldn't find any tutorials. Does anyone have any links to information on that sort of thing?

Thanks for the info. I searched and found the first one but the paramaters I used did'nt find the other two. Are there any secrets or 'rules-of-thumb for fitting the pieces to the tang? And, if building a hidden tang can you weld a long bolt to the blade for a tang rather than use the extra material and grinding time? I'm thinking the weld could be hid under the guard.

Thanks for the info. I searched and found the first one but the paramaters I used did'nt find the other two. Are there any secrets or 'rules-of-thumb for fitting the pieces to the tang? And, if building a hidden tang can you weld a long bolt to the blade for a tang rather than use the extra material and grinding time? I'm thinking the weld could be hid under the guard.

I really can't help you with any help, because I haven't finished any hidden tangs yet, but I have seen pictures where people do have the tang extend just a bit, then weld a threaded rod on.

Back