The T ROD

Ballknives

The first Benchmade-Ball collaboration knife will be the new Harley-Davidson® 13450 T-Rod™. This knife is a push button, two-position knife that can be either a fixed blade or a dagger. Featuring a modified clip point 440C stainless steel blade and aluminum handles, this knife also includes a black leather sheath.This is my first collaboration with a production co. but not my last. I came up with this idea around 2 yrs ago and drew it up but forgot about it until Aug of 2010 when I found the drawing again.Once I built the prototype I felt like someone would want this idea.There are a few changes from the proto but the shape is very true.I wanted the push button lock so it was added.They came up with the texturing which feels great in hand.I will also be making custom versions of this UNIQUE knife.The handbuilt proto was not completely finished in the pics.Here are some pics of the proto and the Benchmade version.THANKS

Attachments

• El Diablo 003.jpg
    El Diablo 003.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 21
  • El Diablo 002.jpg
    El Diablo 002.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 26
  • T ROD 018.jpg
    T ROD 018.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 16
  • T ROD 015.jpg
    T ROD 015.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 18
  • T ROD 014.jpg
    T ROD 014.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 21
  • H-D T ROD.jpg
    H-D T ROD.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 21
pretty clever and it came out nice looking to boot. congratulations.
I bet that has a good run ahead of it.

i like the design as well, i have been reluctant to use aluminum scales since everything i see is titanium so its good to see that people still do.

i like the design as well, i have been reluctant to use aluminum scales since everything i see is titanium so its good to see that people still do.
The aluminium was Benchmades idea for the manufacturing process.Actually my proto had liners and scales as will my customs.THANKS for the comments.

It has been interesting to learn about several other varieties of this design because I truely did not know any others existed when this prototype was built.The proto in these pics actually is a liner lock that locks the blade in either position.I came up with the push button idea and Benchmade R & D put it in the design.It works great,just push the button and a slight flick of the wrist or tilt in direction of travel and the blade easily swings there. Lockup is rock solid and this is a very useable blade design.I am very pleased with the overall package and PROUD of it.THANKS all

Back