Who wants to help?

Gahagan

My mother inlaw is the director of WILKES Pregnancy Care Center which caters to low income or teen women who have become pregnant and are not sure what they want to do or have no direction or support.Here is there site http://wilkespcc.com/
This center is needing some funding for some equipment and she asked If I could make a knife to raffle off. I agreed to do so. I was wondering if anyone wanted to collaborate on this to help out this center. The knife would then be raffled off to help the center buy some equipment. If anyone is interested It would be great. If not is it ok to post it up on here to raffle off? Any designs or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Materials would be welcome as well. Maybe some damascus or nice wood. I figure the better the knife the more we can get for the center.

If you want file-work done,I'll volunteer to do it.
I do live in Canada,so shipping costs ($15 or so for a med. sized blade?) and cross-border time lags may have to be factored in...

I can make mosaic pins too...
MaverickKnives082.jpg

MaverickKnives085.jpg

MaverickKnives094.jpg

sweet! How about I grind out the blade and send it and the handle material for you to finish out the handle and file work?

I'd be really pleased to do that,
if you can wait for about a month:
I'm staying with a friend right now,and am bunked down in his camper...
I don;t have the space to really do anything.
I'll be getting into my own place in a month,
so if you're willing to wait that long,
I'd be honoured to help out!
If you have some nice curly maple or koa for scales,
I'll so some silver wire inlay too.

I do have some nice quilted, and curly maple from akrom exotics that would work good. It would probably be about a month as I have others I am working on and my wife is due with our baby boy next week. She is going to need the knife until the end of april or may so it give us some time. I Truly appreciate it and the center does as well.

A baby boy?!!?
Congratulations brother!!!
Prayers and Blessings goin' up for your wife and son.
The timing works out well then, as I need to source out some silver wire for doing inlay
(haven't even looked here on the Island yet).

Well,I'm not sure,
I haven't done any silver-wire inlay yet...
lol,but don't get nervous:
I'll practice first before I do your knife :)
Besides, I know in my guts I'll do a good job...
every time I've ever looked at something and said to my self
"Self,you can do that just as well or better",
I have.
The first time I ever did some file-work,
it turned out exactly like the knife I'd copied it from.
The same with mosaic pins...
I've been looking at some really top-notch s.w.i. lately,
and every fibre in my being says I can do it well.

I am not worried. I feel that you have to start somwhere and I enjoy the ideas of new things. I am the same way and from looking at the stuff you have shown it looks as if you are capable.

Thank you.
Yours will be the first wire inlaid knife I'll have done...
(who knows...some day it may be a highly sought-after collectible :3:)

Back