Lightning Strike C/F & Superconductor

Steven Kelly

Forum Owner & Moderator
I just finished this Lightspeed folder up for a customer.. He originally ordered it with Lightning Strike C/F handles and plain Ti bolsters, liners, back spacer and pocket clip.
While he was waiting for his name to come up on my order list, he started thinking about what we could do to make the knife a bit classier. The first thing that changed was the ti pocket clip. He decided that it would be a shame to cover up the LSCF with plain ole ti. So, we decided to build a sculptured LSCF pocket clip that would flow with in stead of distract from the handles. Then he decided that ti for the bolsters was going to be boring. But what to use in stead was still a delima. Damascus would make everything too busy.. But, Superconductor.... That would do it!! So, since the bolsters were going to be superconductor, it only seemed logical to make the back spacer out of it too...
And just to set everything off we engine turned the liners and added a bit of file work on the back...
So, several months and a bunch of PM's later, this is what we came up with..
The moral of the story is....... Sometimes it's not so bad to have to be on a waiting list for a while!!!:biggrin:

Thanks for looking and let me know what you think!!

Steve

Attachments

• DSCN0850-1.jpg
    DSCN0850-1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCN0851-1.jpg
    DSCN0851-1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN0852-1.jpg
    DSCN0852-1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 37
  • DSCN0844-1.jpg
    DSCN0844-1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN0846-1.jpg
    DSCN0846-1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 34
Thanks everyone!! This one was fun to see come together.. I wasn't really sure about the combination of materials when my customer suggested them. But, he hit it dead on.. They work great together...

Back