Knife For Ohio Classic

Burton

This is a damascus knife I have been working on to take to the Ohio Classic Knife Show. It has a 7" blade of 240 layer 1084/1075/15n20 with a S pattern pressed into and then the raised S's ground off. The double guard and the buttcap are made from that same billet of damascus. The handle is Spalted Maple end cut that I bought 2 years ago from Larry Bailey at the Ohio show and have been waiting for the right blade to use it on. I need to finish hand rubbing the guard and buttcap and heat treat them and she will be ready to glue up. I have 1/16" pins in the guard and buttcap to keep everything aligned while shaping. Not the best picture of it but anyhow thanks to all for looking. -Burton

Attachments

• spalted_maple_damascus.jpg
    spalted_maple_damascus.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 56
Very nice Burton, I try my best to make it to the Ohio Classic, so we just might run into each other.
I hope there are other guys here that can make the show.2thumbs

I just might have to drive up there just see and handle that piece. Very nice Sir.

Thanks Ron if you make it up stop by my table and introduce yourself. I appreciate it Nihiser if you get a chance to make it stop by I am hopefully going to have about 6 more damascus knives on the table but this is the big one. Wade thanks for the kind words and welcome.

Back