Retrofitting the Bridgeport mill.

Fred Rowe

We finally had enough. The RoboTool control system, that came with the mill, when we bought it three years ago, was a temper mental cuss. Some days it worked, other days it didn't. It made for a poor work day.

We are replacing the entire system from the control unit to the drive motors.
The new system is PC based and runs windows 7 ultima.
My son Kevin is working on the electronics while I work out a way to mount the new drive motors.
This mill is an early 80's model J head and is in great shape; with the new control system installed it should give us many years of service.
Santa Claus did come through this year in a big way; Thanks Big Guy.

The Bubble Jig website will be down for about ten days while we finish this up. It will be back up on the 12th of January.

Hope you had a great holiday.

Fred

DSC00842.JPG

DSC00843.JPG

Keep us posted on this one Fred. It looks like an interesting conversion..

The shop sure looks cleaner for the pictures than when I was there. With the 'putter out there does that mean that you will have to keep it sparkling clean.
Not sparkling like when you got the steel to hot when welding.

Happy New Year BossDog; I'll post a video of it in action when we get her running. We are pumped and looking forward to moving our older mill into the 21st century. The control systems have come such a long way in thirty years.

Happy New Year to you also my friend.

We have a Good House Keeping award for cleanliness at this shop. Your glasses were just a bit dirty when you were here.

Fred

Its a three axis machine. We looked for almost a year before we found this one. It was used in a highschool shop in Dayton Ohio, The ways are still like new.

Fred

Back