If you don't like the weather in Kentucky

Cliff Fendley

Just wait a few minutes.

We've had a long freezing spell and everything has been under a layer of ice for most of December and now that the new year is here it's supposed to be in sunny and in the forty's next week. I just woke up and it warmed up through the night. Its 55 degrees right now and supposed to get to 64 today with thunderstorms.

Maybe the ponds will thaw and I can do some pond hunting for ducks.

Not that warm up here but warm enough to melt a bunch of the snow. Problem is is going to get cold again and it will all turn to glare ice.

Cliff, we came close to 60 here in Somerset today. I have the windows and doors open to air out the place. We got January and February weather in December this year so I think we are still in for some rough weather. And the Cats beat the Cards today - yee haw!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hit 62 here fellas, melted all the snow so now all we have is mud, but Cats beat the Cards so it is a good day.
C-A-T-S, C-A-T-S, C-A-T-S!!!!

Sean

Don't know what it got to but supposably 63 in Louisville not. Supposed to be in the low 50's in the morning and drop all day. Back in the 20's tomorrow night and high's in the 30's on Sunday.

Supposed to be nice next week though, mid 40's and sunny every day. I'm hoping to get out of the shop and do some dozer work. It'll be muddy but I've got a barn and house to tear down so maybe I can at least get that done.

Perhaps you guys would like to come on up to NJ and help
shovel some snow. The dog can't go out until a path is
cleared! :3: This was on Monday... today we're expecting
the temperature to be around 45 degrees.

003-6.jpg

Bring on all that snow, I'd be in a tractor working. Can't excavate when it's too frozen or muddy but I can push snow.

The problem is we don't get that much and so much of it is ice so winter doesn't leaves a lot of days of equipment sitting idol.

More time to make knives though.

We've had a fairly mild winter here. Usually have two or three wekks of -10 but not that cold yet. Has been in the 20's and 30's for a bit but dropped into the 0-10 range over the weekend. Lots of ice. i think the trash can is staying out where it is until the ice is gone, or I lasso it with a rope. Just not worth breaking my neck over where the garbage can is stored. I did throw out some salt to try to get a path melted to it. We'll see in the morning if it worked at all.

Back